Which area of Sheffield would you choose if you could move there today?

I would stay in Hillsborough i love hillsborough close to shops close to transport links close to swimming baths close to park close to cafes loads of nurseries, can't go wrong

Apart from Friday and Saturday night when it becomes awash with uneducated troglodytes emptying out of the various god-awful pubs in the centre

I am lucky enough to already live in the finest place in Sheffield, though I have several friends that live in Ridgeway and must admit that it would be my second choice if I couldn't afford where I live now. :)

I certainly wouldn't say Dore was any where near the nicest place in Sheffield. The appearance of a lot of the residential streets doesn't look completely dissimilar to an 'upmarket' council estate. It's not exactly the rolling valleys and 10 bedroom mansions the people who live there would have you believe

I currently live in Grenoside, but have always fancied moving to Millhouses...If you could choose a different location to live reside in Sheffield....which one would it be....???

My reason for moving to Millhouses.....I simply like the area, the Houses seems bigger than where I currently live and I love the Park. Simples....

I don't know where I'd move to but I can tell you one thing with 100% certainty. I used to live in Walkley and now live in Parson Cross and I wouldn't go back if you paid me. I can't think of one positive Walkley has over the cross. And funnily enough I bumped into the lady who used to live across the road from me in Walkley who now lives in High Green and she said exactly the same thing.

I don't know where I'd move to but I can tell you one thing with 100% certainty. I used to live in Walkley and now live in Parson Cross and I wouldn't go back if you paid me. I can't think of one positive Walkley has over the cross. And funnily enough I bumped into the lady who used to live across the road from me in Walkley who now lives in High Green and she said exactly the same thing.

Only problem with Walkley is that at least 3 of Sheffield's 7 hills are found up there.. No wonder my back's bad, I lived there for nearly 20 years!

I think you are in the minority thinking Parsons Cross is nicer than Walkley. I know which one I'd prefer to walk around at night?

I am lucky enough to already live in the finest place in Sheffield, though I have several friends that live in Ridgeway and must admit that it would be my second choice if I couldn't afford where I live now. :)

Ridgeway is nice.My brother lives 50 yards up from that pub next to the ponds.He also rents his other house out, further up the road.

I wouldn't live in Fulwood either, same reason.

As I was born there (and am most certainly not a snob), your reasoning is flawed. I'd move back at the drop of a hat.

close to the Internet exchange at Wadsley (behind the old Fletcher's place).

It's Wadsley Bridge. Wadsley is more Loxley/Wisewood way.

I think you are in the minority thinking Parsons Cross is nicer than Walkley. I know which one I'd prefer to walk around at night?

I've walked round both at night. Trust me, I'm a trained wrestler who used to teach martial arts and self defence classes, I have no problem with looking after myself. The Cross is predominantly rough people with nice attitudes, Walkley has an element of kids trying to prove themselves, that is far more dangerous.

If you were run over in either place you would have much more chance of people assisting you in Parson Cross, its rougher, no doubt about it, but 100% better.