Did you make a Den?

Yes I know the homers thought they lived on Lloyd street at one time but I could be mistakenI remember the chippy next to the firth park hotel too. david amd Michael if my memory serves me right lol we all used to know each other small community where everyone knew each other

The irvings lived on the front just down from Bradleys paper shop I drove past the other week all seems so run down now ,and the pub is some aisan community centre or something

Just thought of Paul Whiticker lolol now you have me thinking of all the old names

YEP KNEW ALL OF THEM WELL IT WAS LOYDE STREET NOW ? Bradleys paper shop called in regular went next door to pie shop next door as well :thumbsup:

YEP KNEW ALL OF THEM WELL IT WAS LOYDE STREET NOW ? Bradley's paper shop called in regular went next door to pie shop next door as well :thumbsup:

Spinks the butcher if i recall right lololol if you walked up hinde street there was a convenience shop and a green grocers further up on the corner of hinde street and little Lloyd street there was a hairdressers too.Mr Bradley looked like Danny deveto lololololol

Spinks the butcher if i recall right lololol if you walked up hinde street there was a convenience shop and a green grocers further up on the corner of hinde street and little Lloyd street there was a hairdressers too.Mr Bradley looked like Danny deveto lololololol

Think our paths must have crossed in the past? I lived in the flat above the bakery on page hall shops:hihi:

Cowboy land in ulley. It was just some woods but everybody called it cowboy land and the woods next door were called no mans land. We made dens in both woods. They always got bombed in though so we were forever rebuilding them while avoiding the farmer. Come to think of it. It was probably him who bombed our dens in :)

In 1966 a gang of us once built a underground den on a field behind the houses on Leppings lane between Law brothers and Eskdale close. It was 6ft deep by 6ft wide and 12ft long, we put timbers and corrugated sheeting across we had got from a couple of old garages then put all the soil on top. We also marked out a cycle speedway track. and our own football pitch complete with goal posts spent a fantastic summer that year playing for hours on end. One Saturday morning we turned up for a game of football only to find the pitch full of tents, it was the Germans and the Swiss fans that had turned up for the world cup.We had a great time with them. We got loads of chocolate from them and we used to go to the shops for them and earned some brass. Happy Days. PS any of the gang still about? and i wonder if the den is still there?

Archived