If they swapped their guns for tools.

Would you acquiesce to an Islamic regime if it promised wall to wall milk & honey?

That isn't the point, which is, why do Somalis sell their produce for weapons and let their women and children starve?

Somalia is ruled by Muslims who are actualy claiming that there is no drought in Somalia.

Funny how we get blamed for all the problems in former colonies that were left in an excellent state on independence, just look at Zimbabwe for the best example.

Does it matter Bassman? Did native Rhodesians enjoy access to the vote, equal housing, wealth creation or education opportunities as the European settlers? If they subsequently made a mess of it, it was a mess largely of their own making.

Incidentally they might hold the view that had the mineral wealth of the country been distributed fairly from outset then they wouldn't have ended up in the pickle they did.

That isn't the point, which is, why do Somalis sell their produce for weapons and let their women and children starve?

Somalia is ruled by Muslims who are actualy claiming that there is no drought in Somalia.

I was merely addressing your proclamation that Wildcat's post was "utter rubbish". That seems to be a total denial of the impact colonialism had on Somalia. Yes, they are the main architects of the current situation, but you cannot disregard the effect that colonialism had on the country.

To get back to my Islamic example, if Muslims came here from Somalia and took ownership of the main centres of wealth, education and healthcare, and sent the majority of that wealth back to Somalia over a period of 100 years, what state do you think that would leave the UK in?

I think there might be just a little bickering between the natives ;)

I was merely addressing your proclamation that Wildcat's post was "utter rubbish". That seems to be a total denial of the impact colonialism had on Somalia. Yes, they are the main architects of the current situation, but you cannot disregard the effect that colonialism had on the country.

To get back to my Islamic example, if Muslims came here from Somalia and took ownership of the main centres of wealth, education and healthcare, and sent the majority of that wealth back to Somalia over a period of 100 years, what state do you think that would leave the UK in?

I think there might be just a little bickering between the natives ;)

The only people who it wouldn't affect would be the working class who didn't benefit from colonialisation, they were pretty much a poor as the people the upper class were exploiting in the colonies.

But this is digressing from the thread, the Somalis are ruled by Islamists who spend their produce on weapons and not tools or food for their families.

I find it starnge that you don't comment on the Muslims who rule Somalia trading their farm produce for arms whilst their women and children starve also their muslim leaders are in denial about the fammin.

Does it matter Bassman? Did native Rhodesians enjoy access to the vote, equal housing, wealth creation or education opportunities as the European settlers? If they subsequently made a mess of it, it was a mess largely of their own making.

It is a mess of their own making, the country was in a brilliant state of affairs and many whites stayed on only yo be abused, murdered and made scapegoats for the way the country has gone down the drain.

I collect medication to go to Zimbabwe do you?

The only people who it wouldn't affect would be the working class who didn't benefit from colonialisation, they were pretty much a poor as the people the upper class were exploiting in the colonies.

But this is digressing from the thread, the Somalis are ruled by Islamists who spend their produce on weapons and not tools or food for their families.

I find it starnge that you don't comment on the Muslims who rule Somalia trading their farm produce for arms whilst their women and children starve also their muslim leaders are in denial about the fammin.

The men who sell food for arms don't have families starving, their families are more than likely pretty well off and well fed. What we are talking here is the general population who have no power, no wealth and almost zero access to food and water. Your logic is probably..why don't they rise up against their oppressors. The answer to that is, with what and how?

The reality is, you keep on whining about the Muzzies while the relief agencies are trying to avert a disaster on top of a disaster that already exists.

It is a mess of their own making, the country was in a brilliant state of affairs and many whites stayed on only yo be abused, murdered and made scapegoats for the way the country has gone down the drain.

I collect medication to go to Zimbabwe do you?

So tell us bassman, why do you think your contribution to a country under the hammer has any more moral justification than those seeking to help in Somalia? What makes your contribution that much more righteous?

Archived