If they swapped their guns for tools.

I have not read most of this thread so I hope this is not duplicated elsewhere. Surprised they can find any men with or without guns in Somalia, I thought they were all over here, claiming brass from the Government.

Regards

Angel.

I was watching the news last night and the subject of Somalia came up. One thing was apparent a lot of the time. So many men had guns. Now I have never seen anything built with a gun, only destroyed. Do the men of Somalia not realise that you build a country with tools and not guns. Should we not help them until they do realise? Why should we possibly help a situation which seems entirely self inflicted. Sure I feel for the people but it's their leaders that they should seek help from.

No country is going to get involved in Somalia. That place is just bad news.

Prerhaps years ago we could have confiscated all their weapons in exchange for paint ball guns and just let them get on with it anyway.

:huh: Why are you attributing me with something I never said or implied?

No we weren't, again where have I implied we were?

Shall we just ignore arms sales and manufacturing then?

You said

Our nation was built on weapons and the use of them.

Our nation was not built on weapons and the use of them alone as you say.

At one time the UK was the worlds leading industrial power building most of the worlds ships railways etc and a major player in the woollen industry amongst many other things which included armaments.

No country is going to get involved in Somalia. That place is just bad news.

Prerhaps years ago we could have confiscated all their weapons in exchange for paint ball guns and just let them get on with it anyway.

Strange isn't it we mustn't mention Muslims as being at the scource of the Somali problem yet the TV/Radio news all specify that the problems in Somalia all stem from Muslim controlled areas, it is Muslims who are preventing aid distribution whilst at the same time denying that there is a problem in Somalia. Are they afraid to admit failure due to the repercussions that may well arise?

Strange isn't it we mustn't mention Muslims as being at the scource of the Somali problem yet the TV/Radio news all specify that the problems in Somalia all stem from Muslim controlled areas, it is Muslims who are preventing aid distribution whilst at the same time denying that there is a problem in Somalia. Are they afraid to admit failure due to the repercussions that may well arise?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8483186.stm

Watch the video. Very interesting viewing, gangs of Sharia cops harassing their citizens.

The more extreme end of Muslims believe natural disasters to be punishment from God. If Al-Shabab admit areas under their control are being hit by famine, they basically admit they are being punished by God for things they have done to offend God, which may prompt an unacceptable level of self examination.

Our nation was built on weapons and the use of them.

You said

Our nation was not built on weapons and the use of them alone as you say..

"As you say"? what you talking about man, I never said GB was built on weapons alone, it was you that attributed that to me. If you're going to quote me then at least get it right.

It was the largest empire in history and to my recollection it was never given a territory, if it was, it was most likely through fear than a love of the UK. So, the British Empire wasn't built on kisses and cuddles, in fact no Empire was built on a group hug. Without weaponry, armaments and a navel fleet the Empire would most likely not have existed. Up to this day the UK is a major player in weaponry manufacturing and sales, my guess is the majority of those sales are not rabbit hunting weapons.

I was watching the news last night and the subject of Somalia came up. One thing was apparent a lot of the time. So many men had guns. Now I have never seen anything built with a gun, only destroyed. Do the men of Somalia not realise that you build a country with tools and not guns. Should we not help them until they do realise? Why should we possibly help a situation which seems entirely self inflicted. Sure I feel for the people but it's their leaders that they should seek help from.

We should just drop a massive bomb and rebuild.

Archived