If they swapped their guns for tools.

Post #26

But you throw money at a government every day that produces, sells and uses guns. Our nation was built on weapons and the use of them.
"As you say"? what you talking about man, I never said GB was built on weapons alone, it was you that attributed that to me. If you're going to quote me then at least get it right.

Didn't you post:-

Our nation was built on weapons and the use of them.

There you are that is what you said on your post #26. you only mentioned weapons and the use of them surely you didn't mean Gunstones Pork Pies as well if you did you should have said so.

Out of interest, who sold them the guns?

Well according to someone on the recent 'Horn Of Africa' thread they trade their livestock etc with the surrounding Arab nations for weapons rather than feed their women and children.

Has anyone noticed what make of assault rifle is predominent amongst the Somalis?

Post #26

[/b]

Didn't you post:-

There you are that is what you said on your post #26. you only mentioned weapons and the use of them surely you didn't mean Gunstones Pork Pies as well if you did you should have said so.

Yes I did, but you added a bit of your own bullcrap and stuck "only" on the end and actually attributed it to me with "as you say". I said nothing of the sort.

There were many attributes to the BE but as the title has "guns" as the issue in question, what did you want me to do..mention them all. How do you overrun continents and sub-continents, flower-power?

Tell me bassman..did we use weapons after we jackbooted our way around the globe? And prey tell us what faith we embraced while doing so. Islam?

Tell me bassman..did we use weapons after we jackbooted our way around the globe? And prey tell us what faith we embraced while doing so. Islam?

Tell me skinz didn't you wrongly say that

?

By that you discount anything else, I you'd put "Our nation was built on cotton" and I'd added that you said 'weapons and the use of them' you'd accuse me of misquoting you but you now want to claim you meant all sorts of things and not just weapons which was all you mentioned..

Tell me skinz didn't you wrongly say that [

?

By that you discount anything else, I you'd put "Our nation was built on cotton" and I'd added that you said 'weapons and the use of them' you'd accuse me of misquoting you but you now want to claim you meant all sorts of things and not just weapons which was all you mentioned..

I'm not claiming anything other than you adding to my statement as though I said it. What did you want me to do? give you a full history on all aspects of the BE? My statement was clear, you bastardised it. At least have the balls to admit and let the thread run instead of justifying your dross, and answer some of the other points put to you.

Without weaponry the BE would never have existed, the same as any empire. To acquire you have to buy or take, did we buy the US? Australia? NZ? India?

Would be interesting to hear your take on how we conquered a quarter of the earth's landmass. Or do you think 'We're British, they should love us and welcome us with open arms'?

Edit: Sort your quotations out bassman please.

I'm not claiming anything other than you adding to my statement as though I said it. What did you want me to do? give you a full history on all aspects of the BE? My statement was clear, you bastardised it. At least have the balls to admit and let the thread run instead of justifying your dross, and answer some of the other points put to you.

Without weaponry the BE would never have existed.

You said that

Now which part of that do you mean? You've talked yourself into a hole, I sugest you stop digging.

Our nation was built on the Industrial revolution

Without weaponry the BE would never have existed
But that isn't what you said originaly, which, is here once again as you've got a short memory
Our nation was built on weapons and the use of them

So can you tell us what you really mean, the British Empire or the nation? just to help the Empire was the bit outside British territorial waters, the nation is the bit inside British territorial waters

You said that

Now which part of that do you mean? You've talked yourself into a hole, I sugest you stop digging.

Our nation was built on the Industrial revolution

But that isn't what you said originaly, which, is here once again as you've got a short memory

So can you tell us what you really mean, the British Empire or the nation? just to help the Empire was the bit outside British territorial waters, the nation is the bit inside British territorial waters

Sigh. Which nation was the power base for the British Empire, Paris? Which countries were the recipients of the industrial revolution, England? We were the richest nation on Earth and yet a vast percentage of the population lived a slum lifestyle.

What good was the industrial revolution if we didn't have the market sewn up through countries we took? One didn't happen because of the other, or do you think they were both designed to compliment each other? Cotton as you mentioned, what good was the technology if you didn't have a cheap resource to enable you to process it. What good was locomotion unless you had conquered territories to run it through? Do you think the nation would have survived on patents alone? No one is doubting the impact the Industrial revolution had on the world

Anyway as usual you've taken another thread way of course initially by introducing Islam, as you do with almost every thread. Wouldn't be so bad if you had a dig at other religions but you seem so unhealthily obsessed. The point I was initially making as BF also did is that Islam is not the only religion sweaty little fingers can point at. Remember the motto while trampling over invaded countries? For God, Queen and Country. Incidentally which to this day we still do.

So, while pointing that sweaty little finger at Islamic nutters think twice about the religion you signed into when going on an invasion soiree. Religion corrupts logical thinking, all of it, some more than others, but what the hell eh. In for a penny in for a pound.

BTW, we were Empire building long before the IR came into effect and using religion as the war cry.

Archived