Sex offender freed for fear of being sexually assaulted.

Was the judge right in not giving a custodial?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Was the judge right in not giving a custodial?

• Yes, no one should be an inmate's bitch.
    • No, do the crime, serve the time.
    • He was actually persecuted himself as a child so perhaps we should tread carefully.

For commiting the vile offences he did.

Have you read the article. He was caught with images. Nothing else. It has been argued that he had viewed the images to help him come to terms with his own abuse. It really isn't that black and white yet you appear to want to make the guy suffer again. Why?

From what I understand after reading the article, he was caught in possession of images showing child abuse; he wasn't actually convicted of abusing children - is that correct?

Not sure but in my book each and every picture should carry a sentence as if it was him doing the physical abusing in the pic.

There wouldnt be a market for this kind of vile filth if people knew the law would view it as though they were the one doing the actual act.

Have you read the article. He was caught with images. Nothing else. It has been argued that he had viewed the images to help him come to terms with his own abuse. It really isn't that black and white yet you appear to want to make the guy suffer again. Why?

Just for a second, think about the kiddies in those pictures.

Hes as guilty asd the rapists invloved and deserves a harsher sentence than he got.

From what I understand after reading the article, he was caught in possession of images showing child abuse; he wasn't actually convicted of abusing children - is that correct?

It is. No excuse but I don't believe that makes him a paedophile.

For instance in this picture the girl is 15. Is any man with that photo on theior phone a paedophile. She was only 15.

Just for a second, think about the kiddies in those pictures.

Hes as guilty asd the rapists invloved and deserves a harsher sentence than he got.

Should people who watch the horrid videos on rotten.com or perhaps the Ken Bigley beheading video be charged with murder?

Good point.

No.

Tricky one isn't it? I must admit when I first heard the story I was outraged. The more I read though the more I'm thinking he might be a victim. But no that doesn't excuse his actions. Well what are his actions? He had sexually explicit images of a child on his phone. The forum now has that a few posts above. It's all grey and murky.

I really don't see a lot of difference.

To look at indecent pictures, a child has to be abused for your pleasure.

If he ends up as someone's bitch, tough.

Archived