What kind of cutting disk?

Tryin to cut through a paving slab (about 1" thick) and only have a 115mm cutter. Ive gone through 6 disks and still it wont cut through and meet in the middle.

Disks ive used are Norton stone cutting and multipurpose disks but its getting silly now. What would be the best kid of disk to use baring in mind it has to be 115mm.

Tryin to cut through a paving slab (about 1" thick) and only have a 115mm cutter. Ive gone through 6 disks and still it wont cut through and meet in the middle.

Disks ive used are Norton stone cutting and multipurpose disks but its getting silly now. What would be the best kid of disk to use baring in mind it has to be 115mm.

I used to use diamond tipped disks many moons ago. They werent as expensive as you'd think. I dont know why the other disks arent working though, must be tough slabs...

If you cut them a bit on both sides then lean the slab against your leg then bend over it and cut along where you've been grinding with a hammer and chisel, it should break anyway..

I used to use diamond tipped disks many moons ago. They werent as expensive as you'd think. I dont know why the other disks arent working though, must be tough slabs...

If you cut them a bit on both sides then lean the slab against your leg then bend over it and cut along where you've been grinding with a hammer and chisel, it should break anyway..

Thats what i though and seeing as ive been cutting lots of similar thickness (different material tho) slabs the same way i figured this would be just as easy.

I got about 3/4 the way through, far further than with other slabs and thought this would be enough. , went down it with the chisel and the bugger broke right along side where id cut :roll:.

I figure its goining to take another 4 or 5 disks for each slab at ths rate :(

Looks like a diamond tip disk is the way to go,

Thanks Frank :)

Archived