Hyde Park Inn, Dronfield

Betsy

Hi, does anyone know anything about this pub? What is the food like, what kind of pub is it? The only thing on the forum relates to it being burnt out!

Trying to arange a meet up with friends and its in a good spot, just dont know anything about it

thanks

I'd forgotten about this pub, thanks for reminding me. Last time I went it sold a poor selection of drinks and was originally part of the Tetley's group if my memory is correct. It used to do food but I hardly ever eat in pubs - I prefer to eat in restaurants - so I can't comment. It is in a nice position and I think I remember a beer garden or outside seating area. Like many of our pubs it would do well if it wasn't part of a large pubco type operation. Didn't know it had been burnt out - if so I suspect it would remain closed. Hope this helps.

The food is good and it's a long time since it was burnt out. It's been fully refurbished since then.

I can't comment on the beer selection as I've driven each time I've been there so haven't had alcohol.

I've been there several times since it was taken over by the current landpeople.

It is a great pub, lively and has a grea selection of beers, wines, ciders and spitits...even has a cocktail list.

the food is fantastic. nom nom nom. actually, I may go there for dinner tonight. mmmm

and the beer garden is HUGE

http://hydeparkdronfield.co.uk/

'M at the HP now. :)

It is choc a block with diners- they are even being served on the outside tables- I'd say that's a good indication of the food.

Service has been quick and friendly- staff having a joke and a laugh with each other and the customers.

This is definitely the best pub in Dronfield.

just looked at the pictures - looks nice. The landlady "Tomlinson" - I'm assuming it's the same Tomlinson as owned it before when it was good? Her son played in goal for United. Decent goalie an' all. Don't know what happened to him.

Having looked at the pictures of the bar I wouldn't go there for the beer. Tetley's, Black Sheep, Jennings - big brewer rubbish. Maybe they are tied? If not, they should get some of the really excellent local brews on from microbreweries such as Bradfield, Buxton, Peak, Spire, Raw, Thornbridge etc. Then I'd be there every night!

Mind you - they probably don't need me!

Archived