Hyde Park Inn, Dronfield

Betsy

just looked at the pictures - looks nice. The landlady "Tomlinson" - I'm assuming it's the same Tomlinson as owned it before when it was good? Her son played in goal for United. Decent goalie an' all. Don't know what happened to him.

If you went to the pub, you'd find out. The landlady 'Tomlinson' is his wife!!

just looked at the pictures - looks nice. The landlady "Tomlinson" - I'm assuming it's the same Tomlinson as owned it before when it was good? Her son played in goal for United. Decent goalie an' all. Don't know what happened to him.

Having looked at the pictures of the bar I wouldn't go there for the beer. Tetley's, Black Sheep, Jennings - big brewer rubbish. Maybe they are tied? If not, they should get some of the really excellent local brews on from microbreweries such as Bradfield, Buxton, Peak, Spire, Raw, Thornbridge etc. Then I'd be there every night!

Mind you - they probably don't need me!

Its either Punch Taverns or Enterprise Inns - I cannot remember which.

Went there today, (fortunately through work), and realised why I had forgotten all about this pub's existence. Very poor choice at the bar, massively overpriced drinks, and lots of kids running around. Decor looked newish, though already becoming tired. Beer garden suffers from being straight in the line of the prevailing wind and excessive road noise from the A61 busy dual carriageway. They've tried very hard with the decking and beer garden - nice new flags standing proud surrounding the tables to trip you up, but it's still a bit naff. Can't comment on food because I never eat in pubs as a rule. This is of course just my opinion.

However, there were loads of cars in the car-park, as you'd expect on a sunny sunday afternoon, so some people must really like it.

Archived