Islamic extremists set up Sharia law controlled zones in British cities

Choudary, who runs the banned militant group Islam4UK, warned: ‘We now have hundreds if not thousands of people up and down the country willing to go out and patrol the streets for us and a print run of between 10,000 and 50,000 stickers ready for distribution.

Honestly, some of you are so gullible. Choudrey has about a dozen followers - that's less than the number of people contributing to this thread.

Just ignore him.

Honestly, some of you are so gullible. Choudrey has about a dozen followers - that's less than the number of people contributing to this thread.

Perhaps he's claiming every Muslim member of a neighbourhood watch group as "willing to go out and patrol the streets for us."

see:

(John Harris)

and

(parking fines) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRMr1...eature=related

Statutes are NOT laws!!!

There are many many more and i'm sure you can find them just like I have done. :)

Ah - the crazy "strawman created by your birth certificate" argument. It's rubbish.

Acts of Parliament are statutes and are law.

I think it's MORE than just "putting stickers on lamp posts."

no

its a few idiots that WANT sharia law in this country BUT WONT GET IT, they just have far too much time on their hands and hatched yet another new plan to annoy people, nothing less nothing more.

this country has never been under sharia law, isnt now and never will

Errrrrrrrr - no.

That is "freeman on the land" mumbo jumbo. We all have to abide by statutory laws whether or not we like them.

"Statutory laws "or "acts of parliament only have the "force of law" if you "contract" with them.

Believe me or not, but that is the truth. :)

In no case can such courts try criminal cases, or impose punishments. They can only arbitrate in civil disputes - and, to repeat the point, only if all parties involved agree to let them. Nobody can ever be hauled before a Sharia court against their will.

I would largely agree although I suspect some muslims would be under severe family / community pressure to "choose" sharia for arbitration.

But the idea that sharia could be used in the way proposed by Choudrey and his few mates is a non-starter.

"Statutory laws "or "acts of parliament only have the "force of law" if you "contract" with them.

Believe me or not, but that is the truth. :)

No it isn't -it's "freeman on the land" mumbo jumbo. A few people have tried it in court and come of worse - the bloke who tried it in Birkenhead has since been declared bankrupt.

No it isn't -it's "freeman on the land" mumbo jumbo. A few people have tried it in court and come of worse - the bloke who tried it in Birkenhead has since been declared bankrupt.

No doubt he continues to maintain that he isn't really bankrupt because the bankruptcy court has no jurisdiction over him.

It doesn't help his credit rating though.

I would largely agree although I suspect some muslims would be under severe family / community pressure to "choose" sharia for arbitration.

In certain cases I suspect you'd be right; on the other hand, if you're thinking of the same sort of groups that I am, who go in for honour killings and other such obscenities ... I seriously doubt that going to a civil court has ever been an option. In the absence of a Sharia court they'd simply be under the same amount of pressure to do as they were told by the family/community that believed Sharia should hold sway.

Archived