Can anybody recommend a good restaurant?

hmr44

don't know what you want to spend or what type of food but recommend Rafters at Ranmoor - excellent food every time. Service brilliant. Atmosphere what you make it - small place so never noisy. Price for 3 course and wine plus coffees probably about £25-30 per head. Well worth it.

Originally posted by Cuey

went to thyme last week, it was awful. food ttok an age and it really wasn't that good.

Seasons on Abbydale rd is good. Traditional english, small and friendly. The food is really good and very reasonable.

We weren't mega impressed either.

Food was ok, but worst of all we hated the seating arrangements. We got sat in the middle of one of the long tables with people either side almost shoulder to shoulder. So difficult to have an intimate conversation with your beloved in these situations.

Reluctant to return.

Shame. I went to Thyme about a month ago and have been looking forward to a return as soon as I can, and have been recommending it highly. Food, wine and service were all absolutley 1st class.

Seems it's a bit hit and miss though - I might not go back in that case...

Archived