Blagging Sky to get a (small) discount

Ive justed phoned up and said times are hard with credit crunch, is there any thing you can do for me. Im only £20 a month. they gave me free sky+ box free fitting and movies for 6 months all for £18.21 a month. Thats with no phoneline aswell.

They had better offer free installation when moving home as it IS free! :)

So they will need to top what everyone gets anyway. My aim is to get TV, films, unlimited broadband, line rental, evening and weekend calls and HD for around £50-£60 per month (would be around £70-£75 normally).

Sadly Virgin don't reach us (what with us being on a main road :loopy:), so it is either Sky or BT. Or this third party who will give us most of the Sky package (less a channel or 10) for less than Sky, and I could live with that. But as I say, Sky as a new customer would be cheaper too.

My Dad has the gift of the gab.

I recently moved and had to join with sky because Virgin isnt available in my area. There was an offer on that introduce a friend and receive £50 Marks and Spencer vouchers. So we did and the guy on the phone said we would both get £50. I got mine - dad never recieved his. So he rang to complain and they explained that it was only me that would get them. So he told them where to stick it (more politely than that though) They ended up crediting his account for £100 and sent him a free HD box with 1/2 12 months subscription on the HD - He is the jammist (is that a word lol) person I have ever known. He will ask for discounts in shops etc and gets it.

I could tell you loads of stories about how jammy he is but I would be here all day.

One of the funniest though was when we went to Chatsworth Country Fair he told the people on the gate collecting the fee that he was the Vet and here to see to some sheep......we all got in for nothing and then they announced it on the tannoy system that the Vet had arrived - LMAO

You got to try your luck and sky are more flexible than Virgin are - Virgin dont give much away at all.

They had better offer free installation when moving home as it IS free! :)

So they will need to top what everyone gets anyway. My aim is to get TV, films, unlimited broadband, line rental, evening and weekend calls and HD for around £50-£60 per month (would be around £70-£75 normally).

Sadly Virgin don't reach us (what with us being on a main road :loopy:), so it is either Sky or BT. Or this third party who will give us most of the Sky package (less a channel or 10) for less than Sky, and I could live with that. But as I say, Sky as a new customer would be cheaper too.

My info is at least 18 months out of date - things may well have moved on. Nice to see it's free to move home now :)

There may be a charge for a new phone line still - when I was there this was £39 for new customers and £125 for existing customers, but the only way to find that out is to call them (and don't expect the broadband to be switched on particularly quickly in the new property!)

Get the ultimate discount and cancel altogether. Find something else to do instead of vegetating in front of 500 TV channels.

At £60 a month net of tax your Sky subscription costs you £1000 gross a year. Bonkers!

Aye, £15 sovs a week to watch rubbish. I'd rather sit in the coalhouse with toothache.

Regards

Angel.

Rang, said I was leaving as my new house was taking all my money. They checked their system and said I could have every channel bar sports (no loss), all the movies, hd unlimited 20mb broadband, unlimited calls and line rental. £41 per month for a year.

Archived