Soon be Christmas!

personally i'm looking forward to christmas this year because it will be my first one back in sheffield since i left in 1996. not forgetting new years eve cos i'm coming over for 2 weeks. good people, good food & good beer, not necessarily in that order.

I was going to complain about the prevalence of "back to school" advertising when the children have only just broken up.

Then I saw this.

It's not even August yet! :help:

The best thing to do is to start a thread about it and give them the publicity that they are seeking. :roll:

Given that the story's on the BBC, and anyone who shopped in those sort of places would already have known anyway, that's hardly a concern.

I know, it's a nightmare isn't it. Who'd have thought that Knightsbridge would become the new Castlet Market to the denim clad people of Sheffield?:)

Soon be Christmas? Away with you! It's the end of July for chuff sake! :rant:

Then again, I have half considered this year's Christmas list, smaller list this year with a 3 year old and a baby to buy for.

I wouldn't bother spending lots on the little ones though Rich - they'll only want to play with the wrapping anyway!

Got an email from Argos saying summert about Christmas in August. Made me chuckle.

Got used to the bs roller coaster now. Not sure why people still complain. Thing is, you continue to shop at these stores, you give them permission to carry on. If everyone that didn't like them doing it boycotted the store, they would take those Christmas displays down in no time at all.

Archived