Animal cruelty in abattoirs

Did the daily hate mail manage to mention "Muslims"?

Ner, it's pigs for slaughter so even that bunch of jerks couldn't manage.

And the first one to bring Muslims into the debate/thread/subject is .......................... you.:thumbsup:

I was talking to a retired game keeper, he told me how long it took to take the one shot that kills a deer stone dead. They have to have a 'background' behind the deer, this would possibly be a tree, so that the bullet, after going through it's neck would not travel, but lodge in the tree. Any form of cruelty would not be condoned, and would most likely result in a kicking from the other keepers, followed by the sack.

The scum in that video are beyond belief, I've had a rabbit with a broken back in my arms, have spoken softly to it, whilst tickling it under it's ears, when it went completely relaxed I snapped it's neck in a second, that is respect.

I was talking to a retired game keeper, he told me how long it took to take the one shot that kills a deer stone dead. They have to have a 'background' behind the deer, this would possibly be a tree, so that the bullet, after going through it's neck would not travel, but lodge in the tree. Any form of cruelty would not be condoned, and would most likely result in a kicking from the other keepers, followed by the sack.

The scum in that video are beyond belief, I've had a rabbit with a broken back in my arms, have spoken softly to it, whilst tickling it under it's ears, when it went completely relaxed I snapped it's neck in a second, that is respect.

The one good this about this whole sorry business is the condemnation by almost everyone in the Daily Mail 'Comments' section.

Many have taken or are going to take action.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020151/Abattoir-staffs-shocking-animal-cruelty-filmed-WONT-prosecuted.html#comments

You'd have thought the factory would be set up so only one pig at a time was let through to be stunned and shackled. There were 4-8 at a time being let through, and being stunned next to each other.

I can't imagine the slaghtermen's job is a nice one, I've seen positions advertised at minimum wage. And repetitive killing is surely going to desensitize you.

I'm not excusing what they have done, because the disrespect shown to the animals was wrong. But I can't help but think, that the production line could be better designed.

Archived