Anyone ever been to Skegness?

Seal Sanctuary is a good trip out and the Miniature Village/Railway is apparently nice too.

The funfair is better at Fantasy Island than the one in Skegness, the one in Skeggy itself is still good but the Roller Coasters in Fantasy Island and the surrounding market make it the main attraction in this region.

Mablethorpe is also a good day out as already suggested, the Seal Sanctuary there is nice too. If you do go up that way then maybe a trip to Donna Nook might suit your fancy, you get to see seals in the wild.

Chapel St Leonards is a nice little village if you like the quieter spots, The Admiral pub is a nice beach side pub and there is a nice strawberry picking spot before the turning into Chapel.

Butlins has a few good swimming pools and a fair as well as climbing walls, crazy golf etc, it can get a little expensive though, worth a day trip.

Seal Sanctuary is a good trip out and the Miniature Village/Railway is apparently nice too.

The funfair is better at Fantasy Island than the one in Skegness, the one in Skeggy itself is still good but the Roller Coasters in Fantasy Island and the surrounding market make it the main attraction in this region.

Mablethorpe is also a good day out as already suggested, the Seal Sanctuary there is nice too. If you do go up that way then maybe a trip to Donna Nook might suit your fancy, you get to see seals in the wild.

Chapel St Leonards is a nice little village if you like the quieter spots, The Admiral pub is a nice beach side pub and there is a nice strawberry picking spot before the turning into Chapel.

Butlins has a few good swimming pools and a fair as well as climbing walls, crazy golf etc, it can get a little expensive though, worth a day trip.

I got thrown out of the seal sancutuary for chasing a penguin duck thing. I was only having a laugh. Donna Nook is cool for all the bombers flying low scaring the seals. But you have to be careful if your drunk on that beach, you might end up dead in Amsterdam.

The Admiral pub in Chapel used to be a public toilet and and you can feel the presence of a ghost there. An overweight dogger.

Ingoldmells is just one big wasteground of caravans and fat people wobbling around. Only buy a burger from maccys though. I know the bloke who supplies the meat things for the dodgy burger joints. He never has a bath and laughs about it.

I once accidentally stopped off at Skegness whilst on my way to see my mate Alexander Solzhenitsyn who'd just been released from a forced labour camp.

I must admit ... the Gulag Archipelago's got a lot more going for it! :)

Butlins has much improved since then :hihi:

You'd be much better going to mablethorpe, it's not far from Skegness but much nicer. Nicer beach and generally quieter and muc nicer if you're taking kids as it's more family orientated. Skeggy has def turned into chav central now and is full of them annoying Corsa's, you know the ones with the massive exhausts that make the car go lots faster!

Mablethorpe has a far superior beach. Just don't stray of the beaten track around town though. If you have a large van you can always come back home with a soiled sofa from all the houses turned into dole flats. The becks pub is ace for a cheap carvery. Just bring your own plates and cutlery though. I think the bloke who washes them keeps leaving sofas outside his flat.

We are going to Skegness for a days outing tomorrow and just wondered if anyone could give sone tips regarding what to see and do, anything that should not be missed etc.

Thankyou

You must be really looking forward to your day out now!:hihi:

Don't worry,it could be worse,it's only a day trip.

Like many a sea side town/village it has seen better days.

Now they have even given up replacing the bulbs on the arcades, and like someone said earlier the beach is full of dog mines.

Saying that I'm off there for a week soon and can't wait ! I love Sheffield but the thought of being anywhere but here for a week has got to be appealing.

Have a nice time ;)

Archived