Anyone ever been to Skegness?

It's a horrible place, go to Scarborough instead, which is lovely !! :)

Could not have put it better myself!

South bay particularly is a lovely place with great views and cliff walks.

Each to their own though i guess.

My only gripe with Scarborough is that its gone a bit more tacky. Every pub was doing karaoke and there were large numbers of slaggy types on hen dos or women's weekend. Lots of throwing up, swearing and tackiness. I thought they went to Skeggy, Blackpool and Newcastle for that.

I wouldn't mind so much but it was 3pm Saturday afternoon.

My mother lived on Beacon Park, behind the Welcome Inn, it reminded me of the new estates around Mosborough. I resisted the delights of Chip Alley and levitated towards Burgh le Marsh if I fancied a drink. If you like static caravan sites, Skegness is for you, it's bloody full of them.

I have just received this message from a resident of Skeggy, after I sent her a link to this thread

"Yes, funny comments! If you are registered to this forum, can you reply on my behalf. Tell them, I live there, I love it, the only thing that spoils it are the people coming here for their holidays. Too busy, but they are right about mobility scooters and chavs!! Lol. Hope you are well. Roy suggested you come down Aug bank hol weekend."

PS he means me to go not you lot!

Went 2 weeks ago and is now full of gypsys. Don't let it worry though as these people keep themselves to themselves.

Boston is beautiful btw.

The ones that I used to see in the pubs were so weighted down with gold necklaces, bracelets and huge rings, that they must have had trouble standing up. :hihi:

Archived