Take my son, please.

My wife and I have seen a property in the Peak Park with a barn that could be converted into a home for my mother. On seeing this son and heir says, "great idea dad, when you and mum are as bad as my nan, me and the wife can move into the cottage, and you and mum can move into the barn".

Don't you just love them? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

My wife and I have seen a property in the Peak Park with a barn that could be converted into a home for my mother. On seeing this son and heir says, "great idea dad, when you and mum are as bad as my nan, me and the wife can move into the cottage, and you and mum can move into the barn".

Don't you just love them? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

They are wonderful, aren't they?

One day (when he was about 4) I must've siad or done something which annoyed my son. (I never found out exactly what it was, but he was certainly annoyed!)

He said: "When I grow up, I'm going to fly bombers like you did. And I'm going to fly to your house and drop a bomb on it!"

There's a lot to be said for the younger generation looking after aged parents, though. AFAIR, if you give a house to your children, then if you die within 7 years of the deed, the gift may be taxable. (In Germany, you have to survive for 10 years) BUT if you give a house to your children and they agree to provide a home for an aged parent, then - should the gift be taxable (because you didn't live for long enough) one third of the value is tax-exempt, because the government considers that one third is 'fair reward' for providing a home fro aged parents.

It's quite common for houses in Germany to be occupied by multiple generations. - My neighbours across the road have grandma and grandpa on the ground floor (the Oma is in a wheelchair) and their children (and the grandchildren) live on the floor above.

This could be the answer to all your problems!

If you get the house, instead of putting up a hose name plaque like 'Dunroamin',

may I suggest you call the house 'S17' ?

That way, you really will me able to have bona fide post addressed to;

S17

Derbyshire

:clap::banana::clap::banana::thumbsup::hihi:

Archived