Asda opticians.

Presumably they are as well-qualified as any other opticians, but they don't have the overheads that independent opticians have to bear so they should be able to offer you a better deal (and probably make more profit than their competitors, too.)

WalMart (the parent company) and Sam's Club (discount membership club retailer owned by WalMart) have offered optical services for years. There's nothing wrong with the service and their prices are highly competitive.

Presumably if Asda are offering optical services, they are doing so because the parent company in the US makes a lot of money out of doing so and they hope the idea will catch on in the UK.

Both my partner and myself use ASDA opticians and have been extremely happy with them. I was referred to the Hallamshire by their optician because she saw some changes at the back of my eye..it turned out to be nothing to worry about but I had the reassurance that it had been properly investigated.

• 1 year later...

Called in the asda opticians today at chapeltown,got to say i was pretty impressed. £70 for designer specs,all the extras like thinning lenses[which specsavers charged me £60] anti scratch thingy[i think thats the technical term]and even tinting all included in the price,pretty good.

Archived