St Vincents Catholic School

It closed in 1989 I think.

If you were there in 1981 then it was Mrs Kennedy who was head- there weren't any nuns teaching at St Vincent's school then. Sr Catherine moved to St Joseph's in 1976, taking over from Sr Madeline. St Joseph's then closed in July 1981.

I'm sure I remember nuns there, maybe they just didn'tteach but hung around to scare us !! :hihi:

I heard it was changed into a different faith school at one point. It was a private school and we had to wear St Trinians stlye uniforms, were kept separate from the boys and went to mass where they measured our skirts by checking they touched the cushion we knealt on. Funny the odd things you remember !

Do you know what road it was on? Im trying to find some old pics to show my daughter.

thanks

• 1 year later...

went to st vincents boys & left in 1962. hadn't realised until recently that it continued as a junior school. i thought it closed & everyone went to `

---------- Post added 10-02-2013 at 14:14 ----------

st pauls granville rd afterwards.

I went to St. Vincents too. I started there 61/62 and Sister Cecilia was the headmistress and then it changed to Sister Catherine who I remember being on a school trip to Belgium we were playing rounders on the beach and she tucked her skirt up so she could run. We had never seen anything like it but I had a lot of respect for her and Sister Cecilia before her

Archived