The world crisis and the lack of belief in any currency.

Gold is the only true exchange currency in the world! Fiat (paper money)money,is just made up monopoly money.Although physical gold is just a metal and earns no interest, right now i would sooner hold it than cash ,property or anything for that matter if I had spare cash to invest.If the debt talks resolve favourably in America on Tuesday ,the dollar will increase in value short term,and gold may pull back temporarily,but it could easily double before much longer.

On a side thought what makes a £10 note issued by the bank of England more valuable than a £10 note made by Big Andy in his back room, assuming Big Andy uses the same paper and ink the bank of England use?

Big Andy sells them for £3, but you can still buy a bottle of Vodka with them and pay £8 into the treasury...

Gold is the only true exchange currency in the world! Fiat (paper money)money,is just made up monopoly money.

If the amount of money available was limited to the amount of gold available we'd still be living in the middle ages. Gold on it's own is pretty useless - you can't eat the stuff - it is just as much a means of exchange as paper money.

On a side thought what makes a £10 note issued by the bank of England more valuable than a £10 note made by Big Andy in his back room, assuming Big Andy uses the same paper and ink the bank of England use?

If I get caught trying to buy goods with Big Andy's money I get locked up.

Gold is the only true exchange currency in the world!

True, but as mentioned before, if everyone had it, it'd be worthless (just like any other commodity).

It's rarity that makes things valuable (not to mention the need for it).

Even with taxes, the state struggles to fund itself.

You could barter with a private surgeon.

Maybe travel to Cuba for the operation.

Great so you've bartered all your possessions away for the surgeon, now how are you going to pay the anaesthetist to make sure your anaesthetised?

Great so you've bartered all your possessions away for the surgeon, now how are you going to pay the anaesthetist to make sure your anaesthetised?

DIY, I could always get a bottle of ether or chloroform from the cupboard and use me sock. Take some diazepam. Or swap some beer for some ketamine with dodgy Dave darn t'road. Etc.

Else I'll barter with another surgeon, because the one your suggesting sounds like a right tight sod, he doesn't even provide anesthesia and he wan'ts all me possesions! :hihi:

DIY, I could always get a bottle of ether or chloroform from the cupboard and use me sock. Take some diazepam. Or swap some beer for some ketamine with dodgy Dave darn t'road. Etc.

Else I'll barter with another surgeon, because the one your suggesting sounds like a right tight sod, he doesn't even provide anesthesia and he wan'ts all me possesions! :hihi:

Good luck, 'cause the anaesthetist will probably want paying the same amount as the surgeon having undergone the same amount of training.

Now then, what are you going to offer the recovery staff, and the ward staff whose going to care for you after the operation? Don't forget to throw something to the pharmacists to make sure that you have all the appropriate medication.

Archived