Ladies - contraception advice please?

IUD is traditionally hard to insert into a woman who hasn't previously given birth... Your ex doesn't get a say now though???

Yeah, thats true, I tried telling my ex but he didn't seem to understand that I hated the pill, yet he dismissed the diaphragm and coil because he didn't like the idea?!

Condoms are fine, but sometimes you can just get carried away with the moment :D

IUD is traditionally hard to insert into a woman who hasn't previously given birth... Your ex doesn't get a say now though???

I hadn't given birth and they were perfectly happy to give me one. It was mildly painful, but nothing like as bad as the rumours and horror stories you hear.

Yeah, thats true, I tried telling my ex but he didn't seem to understand that I hated the pill, yet he dismissed the diaphragm and coil because he didn't like the idea?!

Condoms are fine, but sometimes you can just get carried away with the moment :D

Believe me, if you get carried away in the moment then a diaphragm will be no use to you at all. It needs to be in place some significant time before sex and for another significant time afterwards, and it takes training to use it properly, so there's no 'spur of the moment' jumping each other when you're using a diaphragm unless you wear the diaphragm full time (which is not advised and can be unhealthy, especially around period time as the shed blood and tissue can start to rot whilst still inside you if you aren't careful).

I hadn't given birth and they were perfectly happy to give me one. It was mildly painful, but nothing like as bad as the rumours and horror stories you hear.

Believe me, if you get carried away in the moment then a diaphragm will be no use to you at all. It needs to be in place some significant time before sex and for another significant time afterwards, and it takes training to use it properly, so there's no 'spur of the moment' jumping each other when you're using a diaphragm unless you wear the diaphragm full time (which is not advised and can be unhealthy, especially around period time as the shed blood and tissue can start to rot whilst still inside you if you aren't careful).

My 'encounters' are usually planned in advance :D, so I don't think it would be a problem using a diaphragm.

Could be worth you trying this:

http://www.nuvaring.com/Consumer/index.asp

if you decide you do need something with hormones afterall... I've used it for the last 2.5years and it's so easy... I can't get on with the pill at all (mood swings/depression, headaches etc and forgetting to take it too!) but this ring is great, I had/have no side effects and only have to remember to do anything with it every 3 weeks. The hormones in it are low and it's as effective as the pill for preventing pregnancy (although obviously doesn't protect against STDs). It's a relatively new contraceptive so not all the risks etc are know but possibly worth a thought. :)

The finest and most reliable contraception in the world is an asparin.

You grip it between your knees as if your life depended it!!!

I tried that for years and it works a treat.

No side effects.

No hormone imbalance.

If you forget to take it, you can use absolutely anything else without loss of effectiveness. :D

Hi, I was just wanting to get some advice and opinions on use of the diaphragm as birth control?

Has anyone used it? And would you recommend it?

I really don't want to use hormonal methods or interfere with my cycle, and this seems like the best option.

Any advice/help would be most appreciated, thanks.

I wouldn't try the Diaphragm - know 2 people who did and got pregnant - If I was going on anything I would go on the depo but unfortunately I can't as it along with most - if not all - contraceptive pills have an high increase in breast cancer and thats already high in my family.

Archived