Ladies - good news with regards to hair straighteners!

Yesterday my GHDs broke, they just stopped working :(

To say I was gutted is an understatement!

I called GHD to see about getting them fixed but my 2 year warrenty has expired and the man I spoke to was very wooly about the costs. He said I'd have to send them and they'd let me know from there. However to get them back regardless of whether they managed to fix them or not would cost me £10!

I was a bit miffed with that. I'd have expected that they'd provide a better service considering how much I payed for them just over 2 years ago.

Anyhow, here's the good bit. I ordered some different straighteners to see me through, the Remington Pearl and they absolutely knock the socks off the GHDs! I couldn't believe it, I never thought that any straightners could be as good as GHDs but these are unreal. They heat up to 235 degrees (fast!) and have settings for fine, medium and thick hair, plus they came with a pouch and mat, AND a 5 year warrenty. I paid just £57. Much better than the £120 the GHDs cost me!

Just thought i'd share this good news, we can now have super straight, glossy soft hair for less than half the price! :love:

No offence but sounds like your placing an add for remington.

My Ghd's broke after four years I sent them away to be repaired they were unable to for whatever reason so I received a brand new pair their customer service has been excellent.

Yesterday my GHDs broke, they just stopped working :(

To say I was gutted is an understatement!

I called GHD to see about getting them fixed but my 2 year warrenty has expired and the man I spoke to was very wooly about the costs. He said I'd have to send them and they'd let me know from there. However to get them back regardless of whether they managed to fix them or not would cost me £10!

I was a bit miffed with that. I'd have expected that they'd provide a better service considering how much I payed for them just over 2 years ago.

Anyhow, here's the good bit. I ordered some different straighteners to see me through, the Remington Pearl and they absolutely knock the socks off the GHDs! I couldn't believe it, I never thought that any straightners could be as good as GHDs but these are unreal. They heat up to 235 degrees (fast!) and have settings for fine, medium and thick hair, plus they came with a pouch and mat, AND a 5 year warrenty. I paid just £57. Much better than the £120 the GHDs cost me!

Just thought i'd share this good news, we can now have super straight, glossy soft hair for less than half the price! :love:

Hmmm sounds good....will consider for next time when daughter needs some more. Thanks :D

10 Best Hair Straighteners here:http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/features/the-10-best-hair-straighteners-2256637.html?action=Gallery&ino=6

The Remington Pearl is 6th on the list (but no explanation as to why any of them are better/worse than any other) and described as hottest on the market.

Thanks for your recommendation, sounds like it's worth looking out for.

No offence but sounds like your placing an add for remington.

My Ghd's broke after four years I sent them away to be repaired they were unable to for whatever reason so I received a brand new pair their customer service has been excellent.

:hihi: Yes, I guess it does a bit reading it back! I'm not though, promise! (I work in the food manufacturing industry, we don't supply hair straighteners!)

You obviously got a nicer Customer Service rep than me as mine wasn't budging on the old guarantee line. He was very sorry but they're not responsible for any styler out of guarentee...blah, blah, blah.

I was just so chuffed with the new ones that I thought i'd spread the good word!

I'm not even going to bother getting the GHDs fixed now, going to flog them on ebay instead as faulty ones are fetching about £20. :)

10 Best Hair Straighteners here:http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/features/the-10-best-hair-straighteners-2256637.html?action=Gallery&ino=6

The Remington Pearl is 6th on the list (but no explanation as to why any of them are better/worse than any other) and described as hottest on the market.

Thanks for your recommendation, sounds like it's worth looking out for.

They're down at a RRP of £84.99 on there! I only paid £57.00 from Very. :)

:hihi: Yes, I guess it does a bit reading it back! I'm not though, promise! (I work in the food manufacturing industry, we don't supply hair straighteners!)

You obviously got a nicer Customer Service rep than me as mine wasn't budging on the old guarantee line. He was very sorry but they're not responsible for any styler out of guarentee...blah, blah, blah.

I was just so chuffed with the new ones that I thought i'd spread the good word!

I'm not even going to bother getting the GHDs fixed now, going to flog them on ebay instead as faulty ones are fetching about £20. :)

Have you tried the babyliss conical curling wand?.

As sad as this sounds ladies, i am following all your hair straightener posts.

My poor treasure has naturally curly hair like me. I bought her some cheapo straighteners but they don't really do the job. I can't afford to spend over £100 on GHD's ATM so this new revelation might be what i need. As long as they work well enough :)

I'll be keeping an eye on all your posts ladies :)