Ladies - good news with regards to hair straighteners!

I don't see what all the fuss is about ghd's and other expensive hair straighteners :confused:

I have very long hair...it's thick....and (although I can't be bothered anymore) I just used a small pink pair by carmen that I got from TJHughes for £2....they even come with crimping plates.

I then got another pair Oobi...whoever Oobi are for £5 from TJHughes and they work fine too. Both sets seem to tackle my mane....and my hair is left straight. So that leaves me a bit confused as to what all the fuss is about. :D

My ghds broke after about 6 years. They returned then back saying iy would be £90 to fix! So through a recommendation i bought phillips tresemme sonic ones! And OMG amazing! They vibrate slightly to get rid of static as well! I got them for £35 from argos! I would never go back to ghds! All yhem years ago ghds were the best but now it seems they are very average but still got the stupidly high price tag!

My ghds broke after about 6 years. They returned then back saying iy would be £90 to fix! So through a recommendation i bought phillips tresemme sonic ones! And OMG amazing! They vibrate slightly to get rid of static as well! I got them for £35 from argos! I would never go back to ghds! All yhem years ago ghds were the best but now it seems they are very average but still got the stupidly high price tag!

Yeah, I agree. I think the rest of the hair straightening market is catching up (if they've not caught up already) with GHD but at a far more competitive price (thankfully!).

As sad as this sounds ladies, i am following all your hair straightener posts.

My poor treasure has naturally curly hair like me. I bought her some cheapo straighteners but they don't really do the job. I can't afford to spend over £100 on GHD's ATM so this new revelation might be what i need. As long as they work well enough :)

I'll be keeping an eye on all your posts ladies :)

Well get yourself on the Very website whilst the Pearls are still £57 pounds and you will be her hero forever! ;)

I've had my Remington Pearl straightners since xmas and they're fab. I refused to spend silly amounts of money on GHD's and recently a friend (who ONLY uses GHD's) had to use mine on a weekend away and she was gobsmacked at how good they were.

Some people are just sucked in by names/labels rather than the quality!

£120 GHDS (that you can know get for £100) simply the best straightners on the market by a long shot and people complaining they only last 2-6 years if you ask me thats very good considering the amount of use.

P.S im not a lady nor gay but do use GHDS.

• 3 years later...