Report to the Police, or not?

I was on my own yesterday afternoon in town, it was quite busy, and someone who I have had a long period of tension with, halted his van in the road, got out and started trying to intimidate me (I'm smaller), egged on by his wife and sister who told him to do all kinds of violent things.

Various shouted insults about me and my family ensued, and he threatened me with severe physical harm by himself, and some 'gang', and proceeded to push me on the shoulder etc.

I didn't walk off as I have always said I'm not afraid of him and wasn't backing down- nor was I fighting and cussing like a 15yr old.

Is this cause to call the cops to report it before it escalates, or leave it?

I was on my own yesterday afternoon in town, it was quite busy, and someone who I have had a long period of tension with, halted his van in the road, got out and started trying to intimidate me (I'm smaller), egged on by his wife and sister.

Various shouted insults about me and my family ensued, and he threatened me with severe physical harm by himself, and some 'gang', and proceeded to push me on the shoulder etc.

I didn't walk off as I have always said I'm not afraid of him and wasn't backing down- nor was I fighting and cussing like a 15yr old.

Definitely report it - people shouldn't go unchallenged when they behave like this.

I was on my own yesterday afternoon in town, it was quite busy, and someone who I have had a long period of tension with, halted his van in the road, got out and started trying to intimidate me (I'm smaller), egged on by his wife and sister who told him to do all kinds of violent things.

Never leave it.

Even if the police do nothing (which they probably won't) it will still get logged. That way when this person does catch you out, when your wits are not about you, they will know where to look. If it keeps happening then when it gets to the time where you have had enough and want them to do something about it or bite and do something back, then it will show that there has been provocation in the past and it just may save you a lot of hassle.

report the idiot, you have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Thanks to everyone for impartial advice! I have reported it and the cops will be asking me for a statement.

I'm no coward, but no fool either- retaliating to extreme provocation can only go down a slippery path of a record, job loss or even jail?

Thanks to everyone for impartial advice! I have reported it and the cops will be asking me for a statement.

I'm no coward, but no fool either- retaliating to extreme provocation can only go down a slippery path of a record, job loss or even jail?

Thats right, you chose the logical step. good luck.

Archived