Police complaint

If you used the askmid website to check on a car not belonging to yourself or involved in an accident with you then i'm afraid you have committed an offence yourself even if it was done with good intentions.

Read the data protection declaration and statement just below where you enter the vehicle registration.

Link= http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

nice to see you edit your post because you got it wrong first time :hihi:

No i didn't i added the link actually just to back it up. :P
so what part of this says you are actually commiting a offence "If I fail to provide true reasons for acquiring this information I may be committing an offence of unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 55 of the Data protection" :huh:

so what part of this says you are actually commiting a offence "If I fail to provide true reasons for acquiring this information I may be committing an offence of unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 55 of the Data protection" :huh:

This part=

I am entitled to the insurance information about the vehicle detailed above for one or more of the following reasons: It is either registered/ owned/ insured by me or my employer; I am permitted to drive it; I am an Insurance Broker and acting on behalf of my client.

I understand it is an offence to wrongfully obtain information of this nature without any of the above reasonable causes. If I fail to provide true reasons for acquiring this information I may be committing an offence of unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 55 of the Data protection Act 1998. I declare that the information provided will not be used for any purposes unrelated to this enquiry

This part=

I am entitled to the insurance information about the vehicle detailed above for one or more of the following reasons: It is either registered/ owned/ insured by me or my employer; I am permitted to drive it; I am an Insurance Broker and acting on behalf of my client.

I understand it is an offence to wrongfully obtain information of this nature without any of the above reasonable causes. If I fail to provide true reasons for acquiring this information I may be committing an offence of unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 55 of the Data protection Act 1998. I declare that the information provided will not be used for any purposes unrelated to this enquiry

my bold does it say "i may"or does it say "i have commited"(an offence):hihi:

my bold does it say "i may"or does it say "i have commited"(an offence):hihi:

You are commiting an offence by obtaining the information, it goes on to state that you may be prosecuted so like i said in my first post the op has commited an offence if they have used the ask mid site as they state in a later post that they checked mid and know the person.

Where did i say they will be prosecuted? :hihi:

The op states in post 3 about the mid.

This part=

Close ... but no coconut!

If you or I approach a public agency for information which you or I need to prove that a crime has taken place and if that information should lead to a prosecution who do you think is going to prosecute you?

(I'm pretty sure nobody would prosecute me.)

Archived