Police complaint

if 500,000 people report just 1 person

"n't going to make the slightest bit of difference."

what planet are you on

Earth. Please enlighten me as to how ONE uninsured driver off the road will make a single bit of difference to your county? Take him off the roads tomorrow and watch some little kid get squashed by an insured driver, Don't see why some people need to stick their noses in other people's business, you're just asking for trouble tbh.

Know for a fact police don't issue the out of date tax tickets anymore and haven't for a long time. Think it's deffo a DVLA matter? Think a cop would have to sit for a long time waiting out of site to catch him in the act of driving. Which would waste a lot of valuable time. All done on computer these days, they even know what colour your knickers are just by computer these days. :)

I'm not sure what is a police matter anymore, however I understand that they do have a keen interest in beating innocent members of the public to death.

maybe your right in your country "whatever that is you don't say" but you dont grasp the indication of my post

There was nothing to grasp, sir. uninsured drivers do exist and will until the dvla and the police both figure out a fool proof system to stop it although you think 500,000 people reporting one person will be so productive. I know alot of people that drive uninsured and none of them cause accidents. I also know alot of insured people that have wrote their cars off and seriously injured themselves and other people, just as an example i was just at asda this lunch and a woman of about 90 was behind the wheel of a little polo, sure it's a small car but she couldn't even control her clutch yet she probably pays about £150 insurance for the whole year where as the vast majority of young drivers (me being one) get ripped off simply because we're young and people view us as inexperienced, In my eyes and I'm sure in the eyes of others driving uninsured, not paying a dime with a slight risk of being caught and even if that happens a fixed penalty notice and a few measly points maybe even getting your car crushed is better than paying for insurance that's most likely worth more than the car itself. I personally pay insurance because as alot of people said it's just something you have to do in society, I only do it because I couldn't bare to watch my pride and joy being crushed into a cube :| There however will always be instances of where people aren't insured on vehicles; i.e when they're stoleyssss.:love:

Edit: I'm also British but do not reside in Sheffield

You are commiting an offence by obtaining the information, it goes on to state that you may be prosecuted so like i said in my first post the op has commited an offence if they have used the ask mid site as they state in a later post that they checked mid and know the person.

Where did i say they will be prosecuted? :hihi:

The op states in post 3 about the mid.

is he commiting an offence if he inputs the details of said car if he falls into any of the categories that allows him to :huh:(let me help you out here again no):hihi: so your post again was wrong (man up and admit your wrong ):hihi:

if i may elaborate, if 1 person in every district in the U.K reported an uninsured driver would that make a difference

There is around 86 counties in the UK if you include Scotland and Wales so you're telling me 86 people off the road or possibly more dependant on how many reports where made in separate counties (even then uninsured driving has to have some sort of proof for a charge) would make a difference to a growing population of 60+ million? Obviously not all 60million will be driving uninsured or even driving at all due minors and people who just didn't bother to obtain a driving licence but even then your view of people driving uninsured being wrong would be shared with the 60million as they're also members of society and in society's people do tend to stick to the laws set in place, there however will always be a vast majority that don't abide to these laws, you missed one of my points anyway, regardless of it being wrong or not it's still going to happen and like i said There's some way more dangerous INSURED drivers than uninsured out there. I don't see how a piece of paper that states you have valid insurance with makes you a better/safer driver? If i went out tomorrow and crashed my car and killed someone what difference is me having insurance going to make? does optimus prime come down from the clouds with the all-spark and mate it with your chest? As i said on one of my first posts, people should just keep their noses out and get on with their own lives.

There is around 86 counties in the UK if you include Scotland and Wales so you're telling me 86 people off the road or possibly more dependant on how many reports where made in separate counties (even then uninsured driving has to have some sort of proof for a charge) would make a difference to a growing population of 60+ million? Obviously not all 60million will be driving uninsured or even driving at all due minors and people who just didn't bother to obtain a driving licence but even then your view of people driving uninsured being wrong would be shared with the 60million as they're also members of society and in society's people do tend to stick to the laws set in place, there however will always be a vast majority that don't abide to these laws, you missed one of my points anyway, regardless of it being wrong or not it's still going to happen and like i said There's some way more dangerous INSURED drivers than uninsured out there. I don't see how a piece of paper that states you have valid insurance with makes you a better/safer driver? If i went out tomorrow and crashed my car and killed someone what difference is me having insurance going to make? does optimus prime come down from the clouds with the all-spark and mate it with your chest? As i said on one of my first posts, people should just keep their noses out and get on with their own lives.

She said districts not counties.

Archived