Reporting dog fouling to the council.

There is a woman that I see practically everyday walking two dogs on an area of grass at the side of my house; The dogs are crapping on the floor but she Isn't picking it up.

My first instinct was to just confront the woman directly about it, but I think this woman is part of a big family and Im not sure how she/they would react; they dont seem like bad people, but you never know, the last thing I want is long term trouble right on my doorstep, especially as I have a young family.

If I reported this to the council instead, would they act?

...I think this woman is part of a family that own and run a gym and Im not sure how she/they would react...

Are you suggesting that people who run gyms are inherently antisocial?

While they might have a competetive streak, it could be harmless. A simple rope climbing race for instance. The loser gets to pick up the doo doo. Sounds like a lot of fun and the "prize" certainly provides enough motivation to win.

Take up the challenge OP and good luck!

Are you suggesting that people who run gyms are inherently antisocial?

While they might have a competeive streak, it could be harmless. A simple rope climbing race for instance. The loser gets to pick up the doo doo. Sounds like a lot of fun and the "prize" certainly provides enough motivation to win.

Take up the challenge OP and good luck!

LOL, no I'm not saying people that run gyms are anti social, but the lads there are bigger than me :o

:P

There is a woman who I believe lives directly oposite to me that I see practically everyday walking two dogs on an area of grass at the side of my house; The dogs are crapping on the floor but she Isn't picking it up.

My first instinct was to just confront the woman directly about it, but I think this woman is part of a family that own and run a gym and Im not sure how she/they would react; they dont seem like bad people, but you never know, the last thing I want is long term trouble right on my doorstep, especially as I have a young family.

If I reported this to the council instead, would they act?

Be careful BG, if the grass is at the side of your house they'll know who made the complaint. Better to catch them at it and tell them it's a pity there isn't a suitable patch of grass at the side of their own house. Say it with a smile and it might just do the trick.

LOL, no I'm not saying people that run gyms are anti social, but the lads there are bigger than me :o

:P

Surely, you will be competing against a woman (the one walking the dog)? But if you are worried about her lads disputing the outcome of the race, well I don't know what to say. Maybe they are antisocial.

Hang around for a bit though, we get all sorts on here. An extremist gym owning forum poster would not surprise me in the least.

You'd probably be better off approaching them in person as they'd probably know it was you that "grassed" them anyway.

No one likes a moaner but people hate "grasses" 10x more.

Be careful BG, if the grass is at the side of your house they'll know who made the complaint. Better to catch them at it and tell them it's a pity there isn't a suitable patch of grass at the side of their own house. Say it with a smile and it might just do the trick.

Yeah I think this is probably the best thing to do.

This area of grass where the dog is crapping is literally right next to our gate on the back garden that opens onto it; We very rarely use this back gate, but perhaps if we did, and were seen to be using it often by this woman, maybe she would refrain from doing what she's doing.

Yeah I think this is probably the best thing to do.

This area of grass where the dog is crapping is literally right next to our gate on the back garden that opens onto it; We very rarely use this back gate, but perhaps if we did, and were seen to be using it often by this woman, maybe she would refrain from doing what she's doing.

Some people just don't see letting their dog crap where it wants as a problem, I'm sure if you politely point it out they will be reasonable. :)

Come on, gym owners! Buy the OP some flowers.

Defend your profession and pick up the doo. Don't just stand by and let yourself and all other fellow members of your trade be branded as violent thugs.

Archived