'Kidflation' leaves children counting the cost of rising prices

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011/jul/30/kidflation-children-rising-prices

The rate of inflation on goods bought by children, "kidflation", has risen 68% more than retail price inflation over the past three years. While the retail prices index (RPI) has increased 8.5%, kidflation has gone up 14.3%, according to research by Santander and the educational charity Personal Finance Education Group (pfeg)

Not long back I was pointing out how a bottle of lemonade had increased 38% in NETTO...

How are your children coping with the price inflation?

Will you be increasing your child's pocket/chore money in line with inflation, or will you effectively pay them less to wash the dishes?

An ice cream once a month, rather than once a week?

Sweets, chocolates and soft drinks prices have risen over the last three years, while some families have reduced pocket money. Photograph: Valentin Flauraud

Wow - All the stuff that helps your kids become toothless fat slobs.

I'd be really worried if they can't afford that stuff.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011/jul/30/kidflation-children-rising-prices

Not long back I was pointing out how a bottle of lemonade had increased 38% in NETTO...

How are your children coping with the price inflation?

Will you be increasing your child's pocket/chore money in line with inflation, or will you effectively pay them less to wash the dishes?

An ice cream once a month, rather than once a week?

How would you suggest parents, who may themselves be struggling with effective wage cuts caused by inflation outpacing pay rises, find the funds to give their children more money?

As Badlittlepup says, it is a good life lesson for them.

Archived