Little girl found.. Madeleine McCann? DNA tests

A few days ago, a little girl was spotted by tourists in india, the tourist were convinced the little girl iis madeline mccann, the police have run dna tests to find out if indeed the little girl is madeline, but thats where it stops, no more information has been posted on wether it is her or not... surely the dna tests shouldnt take so long for a case this severe.

Even before the results of the tests were available the McCanns were saying that they were certain from detailed photos that this was NOT Madeleine, so I would imagine that this is where that story ends.

There are skin markings and in this case a very unusual iris marking which just won't change no matter how many years pass, and if the girl that has been found doesn't have them then DNA tests are pointless really.

i know that madeline parents was saying that the girl found was not madeline but i was under the impression that the dna testing was going ahead anyway, just incase...

i must say i was pretty excited when i heard the news it could be madeline, i was kinda hopeing it was her to be honest, oh well, never mind, if madeline parents are certian the little girl is not their daughter, well she must not be....

I wonder how they'd get a DNA test, go to India and cut some of her hair off :confused:

You can't get a full DNA profile from cut hair- it would have to be pulled out and have a root on the bottom for that to happen.

What actually happened is that the Indian police got hold of these people, took their passports and took blood samples from the girl. The reports that I've seen haven't made it clear how you convince the Indian police to do this, or whether the tests were taken voluntarily or as a result of a court order.

I wonder how they'd get a DNA test, go to India and cut some of her hair off :confused:

As Medusa said, above, one of the extremely distinctive things about Madeleine is that she has a piece of her iris missing in her right eye, so her pupil has a sort of lopsided keyhole appearance.(It's a congenital flaw from when her eye formed, in the womb)

Sadly it appears that the little girl in India doesn't have that distinctive mark, so unfortunately, it's pretty much a dead-cert that this little girl isn't Madeleine.

I take pity on the little girl here - on a hunch she was whipped away from her parents, her parents had their passports taken away so they couldn't 'flee' and made to have blood taken from her.

This girl is 6...6! This young girl probably scared out of her wits has been put through an ordeal like that because someone went "Oh that might be Maddie McCann!"

Isn't it a little worrying that this can happen to a child willy nilly just because someone thought, key word here thought, that she possibly looked like Madeline McCann. Madness:roll:

I take pity on the little girl here - on a hunch she was whipped away from her parents, her parents had their passports taken away so they couldn't 'flee' and made to have blood taken from her.

This girl is 6...6! This young girl probably scared out of her wits has been put through an ordeal like that because someone went "Oh that might be Maddie McCann!"

Isn't it a little worrying that this can happen to a child willy nilly just because someone thought, key word here thought, that she possibly looked like Madeline McCann. Madness:roll:

i agree with you here, very sad thought isnt it, poor girl.

Archived