Little girl found.. Madeleine McCann? DNA tests

As Medusa said, above, one of the extremely distinctive things about Madeleine is that she has a piece of her iris missing in her right eye, so her pupil has a sort of lopsided keyhole appearance.(It's a congenital flaw from when her eye formed, in the womb)

Sadly it appears that the little girl in India doesn't have that distinctive mark, so unfortunately, it's pretty much a dead-cert that this little girl isn't Madeleine.

Yes,it's a real shame that this girl wasn't born with a congenital flaw.Poor kid.

Been confirmed that isn't isn't true (funnily enough). Clarence is back tracking big time now.

Good old Clarence, I remember he was a canny one when he worked at Radio Sheffield many years ago and was a bandit on the pool table in the South Seas.

Perhaps there comes a point when the McCanns have to accept she won't be found and move on? Hard as it will be. Otherwise their lives could be on hold for years and years.
presumably you don't have children

that's more or less what a family in the States did, only to find their snatched daughter had been held captive for YEARS, and used as a breeding facility - so they had grandchildren sired by her captive to get used to the idea of too

Perhaps there comes a point when the McCanns have to accept she won't be found and move on? Hard as it will be. Otherwise their lives could be on hold for years and years.

They won't and they can't. I cannot believe that it is humanly possible to give up hope, as a parent, in the absence of a body or clear evidence that she is dead. A parent never moves on when there is a grave to visit never mind when there is nothing but a void of uncertainty.

that's more or less what a family in the States did, only to find their snatched daughter had been held captive for YEARS, and used as a breeding facility - so they had grandchildren sired by her captive to get used to the idea of too

hNo I havent but that isn't the reason for my belief that they must try to 'move on', I would think the same about any 'bereavement', whether or not there is a body/grave.The people left behind (in this case the Mc Canns and their other children) will either keep a shrine to her in their hearts at which they worship while their lives are on hold, or they will try to come to terms with the idea that she may be dead, and even if she is alive the chances of her being found are remote. That is by far the most painful and difficult course to begin with but perhaps its the only way which offers the possibility of the family having any sort of life.

hNo I havent but that isn't the reason for my belief that they must try to 'move on', I would think the same about any 'bereavement', whether or not there is a body/grave.The people left behind (in this case the Mc Canns and their other children) will either keep a shrine to her in their hearts at which they worship while their lives are on hold, or they will try to come to terms with the idea that she may be dead, and even if she is alive the chances of her being found are remote. That is by far the most painful and difficult course to begin with but perhaps its the only way which offers the possibility of the family having any sort of life.

What a silly thing to say and assume !

'Moving on' is not an option - it's their child that is missing - not a piece of luggage !

Found 2 miles away from her home after 15 years.

What a silly thing to say and assume !

'Moving on' is not an option - it's their child that is missing - not a piece of luggage !

By moving on I mean starting to pick up the threads of your life and not sit around thinking about nothing but the missing one to the point where it destroys you. The McCanns may have begun this process already by returning to their jobs and caring for their other children, going on holiday, etc. I am not saying it is easy (I happen to know). And I am perfectly aware it's a child who is missing, so please don't twist my words. I dont think anyone who is not in their position can even imagine what they went through but in the end (and its four years now) you cannot go on 'going through' that forever. You have to let go of it at some point, or you go mad. You may not agree with me, fine, I can live with that but please dont accuse me of being heartless. I do know what Im talking about.

Archived