Little girl found.. Madeleine McCann? DNA tests

By moving on I mean starting to pick up the threads of your life and not sit around thinking about nothing but the missing one to the point where it destroys you. The McCanns may have begun this process already by returning to their jobs and caring for their other children, going on holiday, etc. I am not saying it is easy (I happen to know). And I am perfectly aware it's a child who is missing, so please don't twist my words. I dont think anyone who is not in their position can even imagine what they went through but in the end (and its four years now) you cannot go on 'going through' that forever. You have to let go of it at some point, or you go mad. You may not agree with me, fine, I can live with that but please dont accuse me of being heartless. I do know what Im talking about.

You are making an awful lot of assumptions in your post - don't !

Time to put away the text books and learn about real life I think.

Good old Clarence, I remember he was a canny one when he worked at Radio Sheffield many years ago and was a bandit on the pool table in the South Seas.

Yep! The 't'olwld lad is earning his dosh though, so fair play to him. Lies,smears, you name it, it's surely working, he's earning his money all right.

By moving on I mean starting to pick up the threads of your life and not sit around thinking about nothing but the missing one to the point where it destroys you. The McCanns may have begun this process already by returning to their jobs and caring for their other children, going on holiday, etc. I am not saying it is easy (I happen to know). And I am perfectly aware it's a child who is missing, so please don't twist my words. I dont think anyone who is not in their position can even imagine what they went through but in the end (and its four years now) you cannot go on 'going through' that forever. You have to let go of it at some point, or you go mad. You may not agree with me, fine, I can live with that but please dont accuse me of being heartless. I do know what Im talking about.
Unless you're Ben Needham's mum, I don't think you ARE in a position to know what you're talking about

Perhaps you should qualify your statement for us instead of making unsubstantiated statements

You are making an awful lot of assumptions in your post - don't !

Time to put away the text books and learn about real life I think.

Unless you're Ben Needham's mum, I don't think you ARE in a position to know what you're talking about

Perhaps you should qualify your statement for us instead of making unsubstantiated statements

Please don't make assumptions about me, either! You two can't have it both ways! By your logic, nobody except those parents whose children have been snatched can have a clue how they feel or 'know what they are talking about', including you.

So who are you to tell me that I am wrong about it? The Mc Canns may be coming to exactly the same conclusion(as I did) themselves, for all you know. Don't believe everything you read in the Daily Mail.

So do we conclude that in your opinion they won't be able to (and shouldn't) pick up the bits of their life (which nobody sane thinks will ever be the same again)- that they will and should just put their existences - and their younger children's - into suspended animation for the rest of their lives if Madeleine is not found?

Who are you to say that?

If that's not what you're saying, then please explain what your point is as it has been very elusive so far.

A few days ago, a little girl was spotted by tourists in india, the tourist were convinced the little girl iis madeline mccann, the police have run dna tests to find out if indeed the little girl is madeline, but thats where it stops, no more information has been posted on wether it is her or not... surely the dna tests shouldnt take so long for a case this severe.

It isn't her. She's dead.

They won't and they can't. I cannot believe that it is humanly possible to give up hope, as a parent, in the absence of a body or clear evidence that she is dead. A parent never moves on when there is a grave to visit never mind when there is nothing but a void of uncertainty.

especially when there have been children found after years, Jaycee Du gard. 2 in france, I in austria, and 2 in belgium, sorry cant remember the names at the mo, there was also that boy, Steven in America and recently that 14 yr old boy in america, he was missing since 7. in the light of these and the fact there is no proof, as a parent you woulod go on hoping until your dying breath.

Archived