Do all women turn into their mother eventually?

Not always. I love my mother dearly and will always honor her because she is my mother, but she and I are chalk and cheese, though I strongly resemble her physically. My mother thought nothing of not paying bills and going shoe shopping instead. She still has more handbags and shoes than anybody I ever met. She has a vain streak a mile wide.

She once got mad and stopped speaking to me because I forgot myself and yelled across the kitchen at her to "STOP!" Putting the leftover red snapper we just had for dinner down the garbage disposal! "OMG I will eat that for lunch tomorrow!"

My poor father. "What's the problem now?"

"YOUR daughter screamed at me!"

"I said I was sorry, mom. I forgot myself because that fish is expensive and...

On a roadtrip to visit family in SoCal, she resisted all my efforts to teach her to pump her own gas at the self serve.

"Mom, you need to learn this!"

"Why?"

"Because, it's very important! "What if someday you need to put gas in your car and there's no one around? Then what?"

"I'll take my chances."

I once met one of my sisters at our parent's house. We were both mystified and amazed to find a beautiful chocolate cake on the table. On a crystal cake plate no less. :D

"Oooh, where did this come from?!"

"Who cares? Think it's for us?"

"A bakery?"

"THAT cake didn't come from a bakery. See, it's a little lopsided."

"Dad made it! Can we have some?"

"No, what if they're having company? Let's ask first."

Turns out my mother made it because "she was bored!' :hihi:

That said, my daughter and the nieces think grandma or Mi tía is the greatest. And she basks in their admiration and love like her life depends on it. I think it reminds her of high school when she was the center of attention and had a cool posse to hang out with.

I love my mother, but I'm not her and never will be. :)

Archived