Best car for sleeping in?

Thanks, but surely you could just inform the local Police station beforehand where you are parked and what you're planning on doing?

Wouldn't waste your time. I had a long chat with, I think, an mod copper as I'd parked up in my van for a bit. I told him I'd be there till about sunrise, no worries he said, Ill make a note and pass it on. I watched him do it. You can imagine my surprise at 2am when another copper was banging on the glass with the brightest torch known to man. I wasnt thrilled.

I'm after an estate car where the seats easily fold down totally flat without no lip and you have enough room to comfortably sleep 6ft adults, this way its no hassle camping and can have night out visit other cities and not pay expensive hotel bills.

I might chance it in this country but would be a little apprehensive in other countries:heyhey:

• 7 months later...

well l love all your posts have not worked out if your all men but l have a 53 reg punto for running around in and get 8 mile to the £1 and just bought a vaux agila 54reg took the back seats out tinted the back windows, so no one will see in at night time. carpeted it again and now with my trusty sat nav brought off this site l'm off camping this year just me and my welly's wont need a tent and i'm 5'10" plus with putting tax an test on it it did not even knock me back £500 and got to be good on the petrol thats if they dont go on strike. yep and covered with the rac plus looking into a popup gazibo maybe for the back of the car any ideas welcome your views on camp sites are great thanks

Archived