Sharia law in action

I think you're talking rubbish. How much interferance do Western governments have in places like Sudan, Nigeria and tonnes of other African countries? What about countries like Russia and China, how much are they affected by Western governments?

Russia has done as much interfering World Wide as the West, Just ask the surrounding states and lots of Poles i have met say that the Germans were bad but not a patch on the Russians.

Right so your interpretation is "very (prevalent)" except it would seem in "most Muslim countries" :loopy:

Just because a country says it's 'Muslim', doesn't mean it's practising the Faith as it should be.

If your interpretation isn't the predominant interpretation in "Muslims countries" then how exactly is it "Very (prevalent)"?

Many would say it is the predominant interpretation (hence why it's very prevalent).

And I'm not talking about western-backed governments anyway; that's something you're anti-western brain chipped in with. I specifically mentioned non-western or non-western backed countries where muslims are attacking people.

Too many 'westerns' there, Mecks. It's just too confusing.

translation: 'lalala I'm not listening'

:rolleyes:

And I could say the same for you, jimmy.

An eye for an eye is the best way forward. Some of us know the feeling of having our personal items stolen, what better way then having their hands cut off :) they definately wont be out on rob again :D

The law arrests the man or woman who steals the goose from on the common but leaves the greater rascal loose who stole the common from the goose.

Leave Islam and Muslims alone, and they'll do the same. Stop provoking and attacking them for no other reason than for their Belief.

Many people in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and so on have the same problem because they support another fairy story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingjimmy

That is not what's happened here at all though.

Bassman put forward a verse which contained the phrase:

"And those you fear may be rebellious admonish; banish them to their couches, and beat them."

CXC responded by strongly implying that it was a metaphor and that Bassman just didn't understand it.

That is correct.

Quote:

Please tell me, in what context does that passage not mean 'beat your wife if she doesn't obey you'. Because that is exactly what it says, and it fits perfectly in context with the surrounding verses. Tell me, what have I missed?

You've missed nothing CXC300 is just trying to worm his way out of an embarrassing situation that highlights the barbarism/sexism in Islam

Archived