Sharia law in action

This is the problem with religion, it's such an emotive subject that it engenders very heated debate from both sides. Some people find it hard to argue rationally about something so irrational, not that I would ever condone hatred or malice.

How can you debate with someone who denies the writings of their own holy book when it suits them to.

Anything CXC300 doesn't like CXC300 calls unauthentic or a fabrication.

Many of the posters on this thread who condemn the treatment of and attitudes towards women within Islam are noticeably absent on non-Islam related women's issues/feminist threads. Funny that. I shall know where to go for reinforcements when I find myself the lone voice in the SF wilderness in future.

Many of the posters on this thread who condemn the treatment of and attitudes towards women within Islam are noticeably absent on non-Islam related women's issues/feminist threads. Funny that. I shall know where to go for reinforcements when I find myself the lone voice in the SF wilderness in future.
Tell me any other current religious book where women ar considered second rate, tell me of any civilised society where a woman who claims rape needs four Male witnesses, where a womans word is worth half that of a males in the religious court.

If you think that and many other things in sharia law and the Koran are right then you are obviously into self abuse or bondage and likes being whipped.

Tell me any other current religious book where women ar considered second rate, tell me of any civilised society where a woman who claims rape needs four Male witnesses, where a womans word is worth half that of a males in the religious court.

If you think that and many other things in sharia law and the Koran are right then you are obviously into self abuse or bondage and likes being whipped.

I am certainly not defending any aspect of Islam vis a vis women if I have given that impression. I think that historically women are considered inferior to men in all religions, it's whether the religion has evolved or not that is perhaps more the issue. I don't agree with or like any of them, especially the Abrahamic 3.

Oh they don't mind the oppression of women Suffy, it's just they believe the Islamic version is a little too Old Testament for them :hihi:

I am certainly not defending any aspect of Islam vis a vis women if I have given that impression. I think that historically women are considered inferior to men in all religions, it's whether the religion has evolved or not that is perhaps more the issue. I don't agree with or like any of them, especially the Abrahamic 3.

My bold= But that is changing in most religions, but I don't know of any religion in the civillised world that practices as much barbarity against women as islam does, stoning is still the order of the day under sharia law and many countries.

Archived