Sharia law in action

Why should you hear it? Where are you going to hear it? Are you listening for it?

I've certainly heard Muslims denouncing sharia law and terrorism, but by the same token I've also had it explained to me why sharia tribunals (in the UK) work for them and the argument seemed perfectly plausible.

We cant have two seperate laws, for two different religions. Where are the march's in London denouncing terrorism, or denouncing sharia courts ?

Im afraid Islam is stuck in the 7th century. And successive governments dont have the backbone to tackle it head on.

We cant have two seperate laws, for two different religions. Where are the march's in London denouncing terrorism, or denouncing sharia courts ?

Im afraid Islam is stuck in the 7th century. And successive governments dont have the backbone to tackle it head on.

Hello Openborders, we already have jewish religious courts operating out of beth dins around the country, why should our pals the muslamics not have the opportunity to indulge their madcap spiritual preferences? Your analysis is one eyed bunkum.

Indeed and I have no interest in Islam. I hope that's cleared that up.

Yet you continually and openly defend a anti semitic,racist religion which openly admits in its scriptures its superiority of the likes of you(infidels)..how strange

We cant have two seperate laws, for two different religions.

Do you know what sharia in the uk actually means?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7234870.stm

Where are the march's in London denouncing terrorism,

I didn't know it was a requirement for anyone to march in London denouncing terrorism. Will you march there because of what Breivik did in Norway?

or denouncing sharia courts ?

I'm not sure why you believe they should be denounced. Do you denounce Football Association tribunals?

Im afraid Islam is stuck in the 7th century.

It's the 1st century actually.

And successive governments dont have the backbone to tackle it head on.

Why does it require 'tackling head on'? It's a doctrine that some people choose to follow, are you suggesting they should be banned from doing so?

Yet you continually and openly defend a anti semitic,racist religion which openly admits in its scriptures its superiority of the likes of you(infidels)..how strange

Yet you continually deride Muslims and Islam..how strange.

What's wrong with that? Muslims don't like anything, even themselves

It's sad to see how many supposedly 'civilised people' can become so uncivilised at the mere mention of the word 'muslim'.

Shouldn't these people who claim such high flying moral standards and social awareness be setting an example by applying tolerance and humanity to issues based on ancient values and cultural diversity.

I wouldn't want Sharia Law and I fervently believe that British Law is more or less the best legal system in the world.

Capital punishment is barbarism nothing more - an instrument more blunt than the murder weapon itself - any nation, which is civilised enough to demand humane and genuine justice must by definition reject capital/corporal punishment.

BoyFriday, im afraid you are argumentative, and lacking common sense on this country's problem. ISLAM.

We ALL will pay the price in the near future.

This is a christian country, and other religions should respect that.

Whoo, paranoia! Islam is as powerless as any other faith in the face of the global power of marketing.

BoyFriday, im afraid you are argumentative, and lacking common sense on this country's problem. ISLAM.

We ALL will pay the price in the near future.

This is a christian country, and other religions should respect that.

I'm not being argumentative in the slightest, you're making bold claims and I'm trying to understand your reasoning behind them-for example you haven't offered any coherent reasons why Islam is this country's problem.

If this is a 'Christian country' why do so few follow the Christian doctrine? Do you go to church? How does someone following another religion prevent you from doing so or believing whatever you want to believe?

Archived