Sharia law in action

I dont believe in capital punishment ,it is a product of uncivilised peoples,no one person has the right to order the taking of another life in the name of justice

Well, that's you're opinion. Many would disagree with what you've said.

Just to let the masses know: there isn't a 'one-fits-all' law of Sharia; it varies from country to country, society to society.

however there is little variation as the differences in sharia law fall along the same lines as the differences in schools of thought with the islamic faith. but sharia in the vast majority is made up of the precepts set out in the qur'an and the example set by the muhammad, neither of which are subject to interpretation thus the differences are minimal at best.

one thing that is important to understand is that unlike civil and common law, sharia is totally entwined in one religion and those who follow it believe it reflects god's will for humankind and in its purest sense, perfect, therefore unyielding to change of any kind. that is what is so frightening to others about sharia law. well that and the dark-ages mentality of many aspects of its views on law and punishment.

You know this situation was quite fair in my opinion.....

Evil man poors acid on a woman's face because he wouldn't marry her. I mean come on how evil is that, he deserved a taste of his own medicine to allow him to properly reflect on what he did to the poor woman.

Then the original victim got to decide whether he got the punishment, even allowing her to do it herself if she so wished!

Seems a fair deal to me!

Of course it was evil and the man deserved punishment but to hold that man down and deliberately pour acid in his face makes the person performing the action no better than the initial perpetrator

Well, that's you're opinion. Many would disagree with what you've said.

This is a civilised society though and the majority have said no,I have no doubt that in the East where countries are controlled by a backward barbaric religion the opposite is true maybe when and if the aforementioned religion decides to drag itself into something akin to modern thinking then there will be no need for threads like this questioning the barbarism of Sharia law

Of course it was evil and the man deserved punishment but to hold that man down and deliberately pour acid in his face makes the person performing the action no better than the initial perpetrator

The same philosophy applies to capital punishment.

Just to let the masses know: there isn't a 'one-fits-all' law of Sharia; it varies from country to country, society to society.

And that is a very good reason why bit should be outlawed and seen to be outlawed in this country,the fact that different factions have different ideas would render Sharia law unworkable

Sounds like an eye for an eye to me, which is in the Bible and therefore just as Christian as it is Sharia. And we saw Christian Law in action just over a week ago in Norway.

Wrong! an eye for an eye was Old Testamant.

The same philosophy applies to capital punishment.

Im not arguing on that score ,laws were made in this country and have been changed and improved and continue to be..why in hells name should we regress to suit outsiders

however there is little variation as the differences in sharia law fall along the same lines as the differences in schools of thought with the islamic faith. but sharia in the vast majority is made up of the precepts set out in the qur'an and the example set by the muhammad, neither of which are subject to interpretation thus the differences are minimal at best.

one thing that is important to understand is that unlike civil and common law, sharia is totally entwined in one religion and those who follow it believe it reflects god's will for humankind and in its purest sense, perfect, therefore unyielding to change of any kind. that is what is so frightening to others about sharia law. well that and the dark-ages mentality of many aspects of its views on law and punishment.

Many would argue that a certain law prevents society from degenerating. The law is there to protect the people (not the criminal).

This is a civilised society though and the majority have said no,I have no doubt that in the East where countries are controlled by a backward barbaric religion the opposite is true maybe when and if the aforementioned religion decides to drag itself into something akin to modern thinking then there will be no need for threads like this questioning the barbarism of Sharia law

The US has the death penalty in many states; are you saying it's not civilised ?

And you only think a certain law is barbaric because you hate the Faith (and it's adherents).

And that is a very good reason why bit should be outlawed and seen to be outlawed in this country,the fact that different factions have different ideas would render Sharia law unworkable

Sharia law is not going to 'take over' the UK; try to relax :)

I dont believe in capital punishment ,it is a product of uncivilised peoples,no one person has the right to order the taking of another life in the name of justice

Im not arguing on that score ,laws were made in this country and have been changed and improved and continue to be..why in hells name should we regress to suit outsiders

Agreed on both counts, but this is happening in Iran, is it not? I agree that it's wrong on every possible level but we're not accommodating the Sharia penal code here, quite rightly.

Archived