Sharia law in action

Wrong, as any fule kno.

There is no such thing, in this context, as a 'testament'. What there is is text that was:

a. Divinely-given at Mount Sinai or during the next 40yrs. [Torah, the Five Books of Moses]; or

b/c. Divinely-inspired writings of Prophets etc. [Prophetic Books and Holy Writings].

Those three elements constitute the Tanach. As they are irrevocable, no 'New' anything is possible.

BUT as you correctly note, the laws read-out from them need to be applied; this is just the same as in any other legal system.

That's exegesis. It changes nothing. It merely indicates how the laws apply to specific circumstances.

AND in any event you (not being a Jew) aren't bound by any of the laws except the Seven Laws of Noah (who wasn't a Jew either).

Are you of the Jewish faith or a Christian ? If the former I quite agree with your interpetation of old and new testaments ,if the latter you are wrong

Are you saying there's something intrinsically wrong in wearing a mask when you go into a bank or petrol station? I'm assuming you didn't have malice aforethought when you ventured into them wearing your helmet?

Sharia law !!!...thank you

And, for more about the Seven Laws of Noah**, see http://uk.ask.com/web?qsrc=1&o=0&l=dir&q=seven+laws+of+Noah&dm=all

** Really, six of these were given to Adam/Eve [also not Jews]. The obligation not to harm animals unnecessarily (characterised by prohibition of eating a limb removed from an animal still alive) was added when Noah and family emerged from the Ark.

I am a Jew; and, yes, I do know what I'm talking about here.

Im sorry but all Chritians recognise a Old and New testament of the Christian bible.the new testament recognises a new beginning and new teachings i.e the word according to Jesus and his followers

Im sorry but all Chritians recognise a Old and New testament of the Christian bible.the new testament recognises a new beginning and new teachings i.e the word according to Jesus and his followers

They're surely entitled to do so; but assuming on oneself the burden of laws not applying is a voluntary act.

And, for more about the Seven Laws of Noah**, see http://uk.ask.com/web?qsrc=1&o=0&l=dir&q=seven+laws+of+Noah&dm=all

** Really, six of these were given to Adam/Eve [also not Jews]. The obligation not to harm animals unnecessarily (characterised by prohibition of eating a limb removed from an animal still alive) was added when Noah and family emerged from the Ark.

I believe these laws have nothing to do with the Christian bible ,the crux of the story,rather like the quoran ,is there but there are blatantly obvious differences.

I wonder if anyone has considered the possibility the OP doesn't give a flying rats about much except finding an outlet for his stupid hatred.

If it wasn't Muslims, it'd be Gays, Jews or anyone else that was a tad different.

Haters tend to be self haters redirecting their self loathing to any handy target.

Its all a bit pathetic really.

I believe these laws have nothing to do with the Christian bible ,the crux of the story,rather like the quoran ,is there but there are blatantly obvious differences.

Maybe so, but the point of the Seven Laws is as a benchmark by which all manmade religious systems can be objectively assessed.

Archived