Sharia law in action

But what about in an uncivilised society, populated by people who will only respond to brutal punishment, not to our soft and ineffective so-called sentencing?

I still find it barbaric. I don't believe that victims of crime should play any role in determining punishments for a crime committed against them, that is retribution not justice.

Slightly off topic but there's nowhere else to post, the Norway thread being closed.

Just for info an interesting article by MP today..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020924/Anders-Behring-Breivik-Liberals-hell-bent-bullying-silence.html

It's Melanie 'Sour Face' Phillips for god's sake-she makes Richard Littlejohn look like CXC3000!

An eye for an eye is the best way forward. Some of us know the feeling of having our personal items stolen, what better way then having their hands cut off :) they definately wont be out on rob again :D

It's Melanie 'Sour Face' Phillips for god's sake-she makes Richard Littlejohn look like CXC3000!

Perhaps she is one of the few public figures who is prepared to speak openly about the incompatibilities between Islam and Western liberalism? It's the elephant in the room that too many are fearful of confronting. We witness the excoriation of those who condemn practices associated with Islam on here daily.

Perhaps she is one of the few public figures who is prepared to speak openly about the incompatibilities between Islam and Western liberalism? It's the elephant in the room that too many are fearful of confronting. We witness the excoriation of those who condemn practices associated with Islam on here daily.

Leave Islam and Muslims alone, and they'll do the same. Stop provoking and attacking them for no other reason than for their Belief.

Leave Islam and Muslims alone, and they'll do the same. Stop provoking and attacking them for no other reason than for their Belief.

If I don't like something and find it abhorrent, whatever its provenance, do I not have a right to criticise it, or at the very least, open up a debate about it? What about the actions of the Norwegian nutter? Is it OK to condemn him because he's not associated with Islam?

Well her extreme views aren't confined to Islam alone, she plays to the gallery just like other reactionary journalists although her views on Islam might enjoy some credibility if she wasn't such an ardent advocate of her own religion-Judaism.

Jewish writers such as David Aaronvitch articulate on Islam sensibly without the sensational and hateful rhetoric that Phillips so often employs.

I still find it barbaric. I don't believe that victims of crime should play any role in determining punishments for a crime committed against them, that is retribution not justice.
If somebody had done something appalling to me, I'd want retribution (though I'd wait untiul they finished going through the justice system before I delivered it ;))

Archived