My tribute to my beautifull wife 1963 - 2011

...If anyone wishes to leave a message on my face book, which was set up for me by my daughter to keep in touch with reality, then you are more than welcome, my name is below.

Wayne wilburn

forgive me for all the upset i have caused and god bless you all

x

just one last thing, cancer does not just take your loved ones , it took our home out business, and our livelihood , it shows no remorse no forgiveness and if there is anything i have learned that i can share with others ( but not just yet, too unstable ) you only have to ask me, what time i have left i will devote to helping others

@your bold;What upset Woze, you have in no way caused me upset, all you’ve done as far as I’m concerned is made me step back & think, time is precious, especially when you love someone, I have & always will love my wife & children beyond words, but by you posting your very personal tribute & story meant I have cuddled, my wife or my kids a little closer, thinking how lucky I am, so in reality I believe you’ve inadvertently brought a feeling of immense feeling & love into many people’s homes who have read your story. Al the best Woze, they say times a great healer, I believe in time we learn to cope, you’ll always love your Jackie & she knows that.

I lost my lovely wife Pat to a car crash in 1979. We had moved out of Canada into the US in 1977, and after a 2 year fight had managed to get a green card. We were going camping to Maine, when a big rig skidded across the highway and hit us head on. My son wwas driving and was terribly injured, and I finished up in !CU. They took my son and I to one hospital and Pat to another, saying that with so many injuries there wasn't room for her. I kept asking about her , but couldn't get an answer. I finally said to a nurse "My wife is dead isn't she" She burst into tears and ran away. In the end my boss came a long way from NYC to identify her and tell me the truth. I insisted that I tell my son.

MY grief waas terrible. I never saw her again after they took her out of the car, and there was no funeral because both Mark and I were too badly injured. For two years I was like a zombie, working all day and drinking myself stupid at night. We had been married 23 years I was 48 when she died

and she was 45.

Then in 1980 I waas invited to a colleague's home for the July 4th celebration. There I met a young red haired Irish woman from County Clare with two boys, and a year later we were married. We've now been happily married for 29 years, and the boys have given us 7 grand children, 5 girls and 2 boys.

There is a new life possible. It takes luck and courage to try.:)

How heart wrenching!! Such a sad story, however, a beautiful tribute to your late wife, you gave her all your love, care, attension and devotion until the very end and i am sure she would be very proud of you for that and you should be proud of yourself too. Stay strong Wayne, keep the memories of her locked in your heart.

R.I.P Jacky.

Godbless

Beamer xx

I am so desperately sorry to hear of your pain and loss. Thank you for sharing your photos of Jacky, you are right, she is beautiful.

I am on the same journey as you, just a bit further on, my husband collapsed and died very suddenly 14 months ago, after we had been married for 26 years and together for 30. He was 51 years old. I thought we would grow old together, but now I have to grow old alone.

I hear some feelings of wanting to join Jacky in your writing, but you have to know that would be too hard for your family to bear, you have to stay here for them.

I am in a online forum for widows and widowers, who are amazingly helpful and sympathetic, if you would like to join it is

https://www.bigtent.com/groups/wayup

I am sure that you are finding life very difficult at the moment. I hope that the fact that you gave your lovely wife 30 years of love and happiness can ultimately give you strength. Some people who live to be 80 years old did not have as much love and happiness in their lives as you gave Jacky.

As the rich and famous are no strangers to this disease, we must assume that a cure is a long way off.
I'm a cancer survivor for ten years. I had cancer of the larynx cured by radiation. The trouble is there isn't just one cure for cancer since there are so many different cancers. But there are many more people walking away from it than ever before. It is a terrible pity that you were not so lucky Woze, and my heartfelt sympathy goes out to you.

Archived