Car Geeks out there Astra vs zafari vs vectra

I've had the Astra, Zafira and Vectra. I can honestly say that the Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi is about the best car I've ever had, that was until some scroat nicked it! I've got the Insignia now, brilliant car, but I still have fond memories of my Vectra! 20k service intervals, 60mpg, good dealer network and reliable!

Vauxhall every time for me and the only ford worth having is a transit van !

My dads got a astra cdti estate and its a good car but a bit crude, the vectra on the other hand is a lot better looking and more comfortable car, he will be selling to get the vectra instead.

1.7 diesels are based on an old Isuzu engine, tough but crude!

1.9 comes in 2 forms, the 8 valve 120 bhp Vauxhall unit which is actually a good old engine. Then there's the 150bhp 16v French engine, it quick and powerful but also notoriously unreliable!

My Vectra was the 1.9CDTi 150bhp, Pentagon told me it was a GM/FIAT unit, 50k on the clock before it got nicked and never missed a beat in the two years I had it! Although I have heard that there are problems with the DMF.

My Vectra was the 1.9CDTi 150bhp, Pentagon told me it was a GM/FIAT unit, 50k on the clock before it got nicked and never missed a beat in the two years I had it! Although I have heard that there are problems with the DMF.

And the EGR & injector issues

Which to be fair, are suffered by the Fords to an even larger extent!

But to me, the last decent diesels died with old Mercs and Peugeots - they ran on practically anything and did interstellar mileages without missing a beat!

And the EGR & injector issues

Which to be fair, are suffered by the Fords to an even larger extent!

But to me, the last decent diesels died with old Mercs and Peugeots - they ran on practically anything and did interstellar mileages without missing a beat!

Did these problems you mention carry through to the Insignia diesel, or is that a completely different unit?

Archived