Car Geeks out there Astra vs zafari vs vectra

Did these problems you mention carry through to the Insignia diesel, or is that a completely different unit?

I thought it was the same engine but has a DPF now as well.

Don't know about everyone else, but unless you do mega mileages I can't see how ( on paper) you'd break even on the additional cost of the car and fuel. Hence all these new small engined turbocharged petrols that are popping up all over the place

I thought it was the same engine but has a DPF now as well.

Don't know about everyone else, but unless you do mega mileages I can't see how ( on paper) you'd break even on the additional cost of the car and fuel. Hence all these new small engined turbocharged petrols that are popping up all over the place

I do a 100 mile round trip to work and back, five days a week, with holidays and general running about I do around 28k a year. The Insignia gives me 60mpg, mainly motorway driving. I had a Mondeo 2.0 Sport hire car for a month when my Vectra got stolen, that returned 27 mpg. Hell of a difference there between petrol and diesel.

I do a 100 mile round trip to work and back, five days a week, with holidays and general running about I do around 28k a year. The Insignia gives me 60mpg, mainly motorway driving. I had a Mondeo 2.0 Sport hire car for a month when my Vectra got stolen, that returned 27 mpg. Hell of a difference there between petrol and diesel.

And that makes perfect sense - high miles so you're seeing the MPG gains

Think of those who insist on diesel but only do say a 10 mile commute and then trips to the shops. There won't be a huge difference in MPG, but they'll still be paying more to buy the car and having high fuel costs. Doesn't stack up in those circumstances.

Agree with the japanese suggestion,but forget the ford.

But Ford haven't had to recall 8 million cars in the last couple of years for safety modifications, where as Toyota have. Toyota I presume you class as Japanese.

Archived