Something strange on my wageslip

Thanks all for the advice.

Ive just contacted to wages dept and its apparently a council tax debt from 3 years ago:confused::confused::confused:

Rang the council tax dept and it was like hitting a brick wall.

Totaly unhelpful and denied the possibilty they have got it wrong.

I still suggest you ring the court directly. Waiting a week might not be a good idea; if a court order has been imposed against you wrongly, you should register a query about it as soon as you become aware.

You don't necessarily have to send in a legalese documet requesting it be rescinded,, but you should ask the court for details of when and how the attachment was imposed, and why you were never informed that you owed any money.

Legally, the only way they can "dip into your wages without telling you" is if you were informed of the court summons, failed to attend, had a judgment made against you, and ignored it; or if it was impossible to find an address for you. That clearly hasn't happened here.

Thanks HeadingNorth,

Well i have it straight from the horses mouth.

Ive been in touch with the c/tax again but this time i managed to speak to someone helpful.

Now, are you ready for this?.....

The council tax dept didnt even have to go to court.

They just sent a demand to my employer who happily complied without any proof i owe any debt. A debt i may add my solicitor is already contesting as we have proved ( 3 times now ) that we dont owe any money.

This makes me quite, quite sad :(

Thanks HeadingNorth,

Well i have it straight from the horses mouth.

Ive been in touch with the c/tax again but this time i managed to speak to someone helpful.

Now, are you ready for this?.....

The council tax dept didnt even have to go to court.

They just sent a demand to my employer who happily complied without any proof i owe any debt.

Well I'm pretty sure that one or other of them has broken the law, but I don't know which.

Some more info.

Ive spoken to someone else in c/t who now insists they DID take me to court.

In january :confused:

I have to say im totaly lost now.

January is 7 months ago surely id have heard something if they did infact take me to court AND get a judgment!

You just gotta love this system we have:loopy:

As for my employer, well they disgust me!

As for my employer, well they disgust me!

why?

if an employer receives an order like this then they have to act on it, they don't have a choice. there is no way that they can contest the validity of it.

perhaps they should have told you, but I'm guessing that they assumed that you knew it was going to happen and didn't want to embarrass you further.

why?

if an employer receives an order like this then they have to act on it, they don't have a choice. there is no way that they can contest the validity of it.

perhaps they should have told you, but I'm guessing that they assumed that you knew it was going to happen and didn't want to embarrass you further.

Thats why they disgust me.

Archived