Ramadan Mubarak

Hi Nagel.

Yes I am.

You are right.

It is a soup with which north Africans from east Algeria and west Tunisia typically break the fast.

Others break the fast with a couple of dates and a small glass of milk or curdled milk, then have the soup.

Have you been to Algeria?

Yes, I've been to Algeria many times, to Hassi Messaoud. I was even there in Ramadan and there were lots of road accidents (some fatal) in the hour before sundown with people who had low blood sugar driving to get to their relatives house to break their fast.

We were banned from driving in that hour because of that.

You should try it, see how going without food or water for 'cuple hours' has an affect on ya!

It won't affect me at all, being a bit hungry all day won't give me the slightest insight into the psychological and physical suffering of real starving people who face actual death, you're deluded if you think it will.

Save yourself the "suffering" and just send some money to an aid organisation, you can still brag about how good you are but you don't have bore everyone with your tales of how you lived through near starvation.

Watch the news about the people starving in Africa and ask yourself "is that what I'm going through right now ?"

Chorba, I didn't ask 'What is'? I asked 'What is its purpose'? Both muslims and jews seem to have some 'interesting' traditions handed down through the generations that must be adhered to. There must be an incredible amount of pressure on children to conform as 'Bulgarian' comments.

Archived