Bring Back Dog Licensing

I'm not going to disagree with that, but remember that under present laws, a microchip does not prove ownership. That would have to change, and I don't know how difficult it would be to change it.

Also as I have found out now on two occasions microchips are sometimes not readable for whatever reason even when they are present

I'm not going to disagree with that, but remember that under present laws, a microchip does not prove ownership. That would have to change, and I don't know how difficult it would be to change it.
It wouldn`t matter if the law states anyone found with a un chipped dog would be fined & the dog siezed,If the true owner really cares about thier dog they would have to own up to ownership(and face a fine) or dog rehomed with new owner details logged .

It wouldn`t matter if the law states anyone found with a un chipped dog would be fined & the dog siezed,If the true owner really cares about thier dog they would have to own up to ownership(and face a fine) or dog rehomed with new owner details logged .

If the true owner really cared about their dog, we would not be having this discussion to begin with. The original dog licensing scheme would not have failed.

It is because people buy dogs as accessories and not family members, that we have a problem. Introducing a system that depends on people caring about their dogs, won't solve it. I only wish it would.

what about cats? they just wonder through everyoes gardens and poo everywhere and fight out in the street in the middle of the night.

You don't own a cat, they own you! You've no control over their activities. Licensing would be impossible to enforce!

Why should decent people who get pets for company who doesnt have much money have to shell out more money on a license aswell as paying upto daft amounts for a dog that they own? Doesn't make sense to me im not for all the young chavs with dogs trying to make them selves look big and hard but thats not the way to go about it.

Archived