My Pet Hate- tailgating!

I,ve been driving now for 50yrs,cars at first then onto Class 3, ending as a class 1 HGV driver.I,ve been just about everywhere in the U K,nights out in my artic which was like a home from home,it had a sprung bed, overnight heating,telly,c b radio,cooker,cool box,gas stove you name it!.I,ve driven thousands of miles,I,ve seen all kinds of accidents on the motorways,some of them horrific,mostly caused by bad driving.On a normal day I could count 5 or 6 times cars shooting red lights,I don,t mean amber,red,but my pet hate of all is the impatient aggresive <removed> who tailgate,the accidents caused by this is astounding,usually 4 or more cars smashed front and rear,thousands of pounds worth of damage,and also the injuries to the drivers.Its my opinion most car drivers cant see past the end of their bonnet,and then theres women drivers,they fall into two catorgories,over cautious or absolutely crazy,I would make the driving test 5 times as hard for em.That should wind a few people up but I don,t care, thats my opinion I,ve seen em in action!:rant::rant::roll:

I've been driving for years too!

3 accidents all caused by men.

1. BMW driver who came out of a junction into the side of my car because he 'thought he would be faster than my li'l Fiesta'

2. A note stuck on the windscreen of my parked car from a van driver who 'forgot to put his handbrake on'

3. The side of my car ripped open by a lorry driver who 'didn't see' me as he moved into my lane on Penistone Rd.

I drive around all day in my job and would never be so judgemental as to say all BMW drivers, van drivers and lorry drivers are crap.

The only people I worry about are those over 80 who seem to be a menace whatever their sex or vehicle driven.

50% of the time it's people driving the big flash cars who tailgate because they think they own the road and the other 50% are the HGV drivers who try to intimidate other road users.

That's my opinion...I too have seen them in action.

I,ve been driving now for 50yrs,cars at first then onto Class 3, ending as a class 1 HGV driver.I,ve been just about everywhere in the U K,nights out in my artic which was like a home from home,it had a sprung bed, overnight heating,telly,c b radio,cooker,cool box,gas stove you name it!.I,ve driven thousands of miles,I,ve seen all kinds of accidents on the motorways,some of them horrific,mostly caused by bad driving.On a normal day I could count 5 or 6 times cars shooting red lights,I don,t mean amber,red,but my pet hate of all is the impatient aggresive ar----s who tailgate,the accidents caused by this is astounding,usually 4 or more cars smashed front and rear,thousands of pounds worth of damage,and also the injuries to the drivers.Its my opinion most car drivers cant see past the end of their bonnet,and then theres women drivers,they fall into two catorgories,over cautious or absolutely crazy,I would make the driving test 5 times as hard for em.That should wind a few people up but I don,t care, thats my opinion I,ve seen em in action!:rant::rant::roll:

mine is HGV pillocks clogging up the middle lane at 55 mph whilst overtaking another HGV doing 54 mph that is , until they come to a hill and mysteriously the one going 54 mph starts doing 53 mph and the one doing 55 mph is now doing 52 mph and eventually falls back and pulls back in - twenty miles later leaving a horrendous tailbackk of tailgating drivers...

you should all be kept to the inside lane or preferably be made to drive at night.

Archived