My Pet Hate- tailgating!

mine is HGV pillocks clogging up the middle lane at 55 mph whilst overtaking another HGV doing 54 mph that is , until they come to a hill and mysteriously the one going 54 mph starts doing 53 mph and the one doing 55 mph is now doing 52 mph and eventually falls back and pulls back in - twenty miles later leaving a horrendous tailbackk of tailgating drivers..
Mine as well - I've spent I'm convinced it's one of the worst contributors to motorway congestion. Many HGV drivers selfishly and arrogantly refuse to accept going half a mile per hour slower than they want so cause hundreds of vehicles to slow down by 20mph, sometimes for several miles.

I'd have all HGVs confined to the left hand lane only, with all LGVs and coaches restricted to the first two lanes so the overtaking lane is for cars and bikes only.

(Mind you, the OP was right on the whole about women drivers).

People seem to forget that the motorways were built for heavy traffic after Dr Beeching closed most of the railways.

Keep them for lorries,I say,they are,on the whole,much better drivers.

And yes,despite being of the female gender,I also think that women drivers are <removed>

People seem to forget that the motorways were built for heavy traffic after Dr Beeching closed most of the railways.

Keep them for lorries,I say,they are,on the whole,much better drivers.

And yes,despite being of the female gender,I also think that women drivers are <removed>

You shouldn't be driving then if you think you're crap.Leave it to us women who can drive.

Archived