My Pet Hate- tailgating!

My pet hate is drivers who do 20-30 mph on a 60 road whilst panicking and hitting the brakes at every slight bend or car coming in the opposite direction. If you are scared of an accident happening then give up your license and stop trying to cause one!

My pet hate is drivers who do 20-30 mph on a 60 road whilst panicking and hitting the brakes at every slight bend or car coming in the opposite direction. If you are scared of an accident happening then give up your license and stop trying to cause one!

and how many of these do you see? Less than 30 on a clear 60 road, in good conditions - one a year maybe. Hardly a big problem

My pet hate are the motorists that are impatient - the ones who overtake me on the left, and drive on the pavement, because they are too impatient to wait behind me whilst i am waiting for the car in front to turn right, for example.

Also the ones that don't indicate! I sit behind a row of parked cars on a residential street, and give way to a car coming in the opposite direction - who promptly turns into his own drive without indicating! leaving me sitting there like a lemon!

And, the inconsiderate sods who park over the lines in a busy car-park, thereby taking up two spaces, so I have to drive round and round looking for a space.

And, the inconsiderate sods who park over the lines in a busy car-park, thereby taking up two spaces, so I have to drive round and round looking for a space.

That really gets my back up, but i have seen them ticketed for doing that

Or people who park on double yellow lines outside kebab shops.

Around Abbeydale Road and London Road, is there a multiculturally-approved alternate law for double yellows which indicate 'Asian parking only'?

and how many of these do you see? Less than 30 on a clear 60 road, in good conditions - one a year maybe. Hardly a big problem

Try driving over to Manchester on a weekend, you'll see more than one of them on every journey.

How often do you drive through Oughtibridge and Stocksbridge? I do, often, and get stuck behind these 'drivers' often too. Jawbone Hill has to be the worst road I drive on for finding them.

I see people trundling along at 30-40mph on the A629 between Huddersfield and Sheffield every day.

jb

ETA: Usually with a long tail back of tailgating drivers behind them who in their timidity and poor road positioning are preventing me from overtaking.

Try driving over to Manchester on a weekend, you'll see more than one of them on every journey.

How often do you drive through Oughtibridge and Stocksbridge? I do, often, and get stuck behind these 'drivers' often too. Jawbone Hill has to be the worst road I drive on for finding them.

I see people trundling along at 30-40mph on the A629 between Huddersfield and Sheffield every day.

jb

ETA: Usually with a long tail back of tailgating drivers behind them who in their timidity and poor road positioning are preventing me from overtaking.

How odd, some see this hardly ever and some see it all the time.

Is it just down to simple perception and impatience?

Archived