My Pet Hate- tailgating!

How odd, some see this hardly ever and some see it all the time.

Is it just down to simple perception and impatience?

Perception not impatience. Although how anyone cannot notice if they are behind someone doing 30-40mph in a 60mph limit in conditions which do not warrant such a slow speed is beyond me.

jb

Perception not impatience. Although how anyone cannot notice if they are behind someone doing 30-40mph in a 60mph limit in conditions which do not warrant such a slow speed is beyond me.

jb

It hardly ever happens to me.

If it does it's not really the end of the world, is it?

What does happen more often than not is being overtaken despite doing the posted speed limit.

It hardly ever happens to me.

If it does it's not really the end of the world, is it?

What does happen more often than not is being overtaken despite doing the posted speed limit.

It's not the end of the world no. It can however be annoying when there appears to be no apparent reason for it.

On your second point a lot of people do not realise that when doing 60mph by their speedo they are actually only doing 55mph...

jb

It's not the end of the world no. It can however be annoying when there appears to be no apparent reason for it.

On your second point a lot of people do not realise that when doing 60mph by their speedo they are actually only doing 55mph...

jb

Wow, and all this time I thought they were just impatient and had an insatiable urge to be in front.

How odd, some see this hardly ever and some see it all the time.

Is it just down to simple perception and impatience?

Maybe it's down to where you drive, when you drive, and whether you're actually aware of your speed or not.

Maybe it's down to where you drive, when you drive, and whether you're actually aware of your speed or not.

Or it could be an attitude towards other road users, they're all seen as obstacles between A and B rather than seeing the road network as something to be shared.

Wow, and all this time I thought they were just impatient and had an insatiable urge to be in front.

Some do, some don't.

Some just want to be able to drive at a speed commensurate with the conditions and would appreciate it if those who are unwilling or unable to do so would pull over and allow them past, as any considerate driver would do (ot to mention slow moving vehicles are meant to pull over to allow faster moving vehicles to pass).

jb

Or it could be an attitude towards other road users, they're all seen as obstacles between A and B rather than seeing the road network as something to be shared.

Something to be shared with consideration for other road users. This applies equally to all road users including the slow doddering ones.

jb

Some do, some don't.

Some just want to be able to drive at a speed commensurate with the conditions and would appreciate it if those who are unwilling or unable to do so would pull over and allow them past, as any considerate driver would do (ot to mention slow moving vehicles are meant to pull over to allow faster moving vehicles to pass).

jb

Thanks for proving my point

Archived