My Pet Hate- tailgating!

From someone who justifies overtaking a vehicle moving at the posted limit on a slight under reading of a speedo. You need to do better than that.

Your really going to have to explain why it is wrong to overtake a vehicle traveling at 55mph in a 60mph zone (we will take it as a given that the raod conditions make it safe to do so).

Still waiting on why you think I proved your point.

jb

ETA: Oh, and speedos over read not under read.

Your really going to have to explain why it is wrong to overtake a vehicle traveling at 55mph in a 60mph zone (we will take it as a given that the raod conditions make it safe to do so).

Still waiting on why you think I proved your point.

jb

ETA: Oh, and speedos over read not under read.

Hardly a slow moving vehicle, or would you expect them to pull over to save those precious seconds.

Your selfish attitude to other road users proved my point. Should a HGV pull over on the Woodhead, or the learner driver for example.

Hardly a slow moving vehicle, or would you expect them to pull over to save those precious seconds.

Your selfish attitude to other road users proved my point. Should a HGV pull over on the Woodhead, or the learner driver for example.

You should really read for comprehension rather than point scoring. It is quite clear to all and sundry that we are discussing people driving at 30 to 40mph in 60mph zones when the conditions do not warrant such a slow speed. And yes slow moving vehicles, and vehicles traveling at 30mph below the speed limit are indeed slow moving vehicles, should pull over to allow faster moving vehicles to pass when it is safe to do so. I think you will find it is these drivers who have the selfish attitude not I.

jb

You should really read for comprehension rather than point scoring. It is quite clear to all and sundry that we are discussing people driving at 30 to 40mph in 60mph zones when the conditions do not warrant such a slow speed. And yes slow moving vehicles, and vehicles traveling at 30mph below the speed limit are indeed slow moving vehicles, should pull over to allow faster moving vehicles to pass when it is safe to do so. I think you will find it is these drivers who have the selfish attitude not I.

jb

This very issue came up in the 'Slow Drivers are dangerous' thread.

DT Ralge posted this in response when I mentioned being overtaken doing 40mph in a 40mph.

Because in some drivers' makeup/psychology, they can't bear to be behind someone else; they have agendas and, on occasions, poor attitude.

Someone doing the limit, in their mind maybe, is a loser, overtaking them means they win.

I will bow out of this circular argument soon enough. But I will always argue that to say slow driving CREATES danger in itself rather than say that the response to slow driving can be dangerous gives succour to those drivers with poor attitude who, mindlessly, can't bear to be behind a caravan, van, truck, learner driver and overtake stupidly whatever the prevailing speed or posted limit in an almost Pavlovian and involuntary response.

And this is more widespread and more of an issue from my standpoint (in my experience of driving 25000 miles per year) than dealing with occasional pootling Micras, Clios or whatever.

I'm sure most will agree that the attitude stated is more endemic than the 'slow moving' vehicle smokescreen.

This very issue came up in the 'Slow Drivers are dangerous' thread.

DT Ralge posted this in response when I mentioned being overtaken doing 40mph in a 40mph.

I'm sure most will agree that the attitude stated is more endemic than the 'slow moving' vehicle smokescreen.

Irrelevant. We are specifically talking about vehicles traveling at 20 to 30mph below the speed limit in conditions which do not warrant such speeds and in vehicles quite capable of going faster.

jb

Archived